Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JobMax 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Jig Saw Kit vs. JobMax Jig Saw Head (Tool-Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JobMax 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Jig Saw Kit vs. JobMax Jig Saw Head (Tool-Only)

I'm looking at Ridgid cordless jig saws and saw there were at least differences in pictures on HomeDepot.com. The JobMax 18V kit (R8620N-R8223407) has an orange-colored jig saw head, but the JobMax tool-only version (R82234071B) is gray-colored. Any other differences? Are the photos correct?

Also it appears Ridgid dropped the X4 branding on this newer kit version; they discontinued the JobMax X4 18-Volt Lithium Ion Jig Saw Kit (R862007K), even though it looks like the exact same parts.

Personally, I'd prefer a Fuego-style barrel-shaped cordless jig saw. The JobMax types look very long and not as compact as I want in a cordless jig saw. Plus the JobMax doesn't appear to have a bevel feature.

The Industry's most versatile tool system is expanding its power options again. RIDGID introduces the 18-Volt JobMax base with a jig saw interchangeable tool head. The 18-Volt JobMax is the most compact

They dropped the orange plastic from the accessories when they introduced the Ryobi handle.

Comment

Ah, thanks!

Comment

hmm did they change the quality of the internals on these?

Comment

No, they just made them "universal" in color so that they work with the other brand handles...

Comment

I recently let the smoke out of my corded jigsaw. Today I used my Jobmax one pretty extensively since I've been too lazy to replace the dead tool. It was my first extended use of this tool and I can say that it worked very well. Not quite the right tool for what my uses were today, but it did the trick.
            Jack

I've learned a lot from my past experiences.
            I've learned nothing from my passed experiences.

Comment

I suggest you go with a Ridgid cordless jig saw.

The stand alone tool is built better for longer use and more abuse and is more versatile.
              The Job-Max accessories like the jig saw or even impact driver in my opinion are
              useful as a quick grab and go task use, not for continuous or extensive use.

For serious cutting [jig saw], impact driving [impact driver], drilling [drill/driver] etc.
              The stand alone battery powered tool will out preform any Job-Max attachment without question.

The stand alone jig saw motor is much more robust than any of the Job-Max tool motors.

I will state I do have the hammer and ratchet attachments but Their use has been minimal;
              when used though, they do work well.

You should be able to find the Ridgid cordless jig saw [whatever generation] at E-bay or
              at Home Depot. If you do buy it [tool alone] at Home Depot, be sure to register it
              for the LSA program....you'll thank me later....

Also buy some quality jig saw blades..do not rely upon what comes with the tool.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                I suggest you go with a Ridgid cordless jig saw.

The stand alone tool is built better for longer use and more abuse and is more versatile.
                The Job-Max accessories like the jig saw or even impact driver in my opinion are
                useful as a quick grab and go task use, not for continuous or extensive use.

For serious cutting [jig saw], impact driving [impact driver], drilling [drill/driver] etc.
                The stand alone battery powered tool will out preform any Job-Max attachment without question.

Cactus Man
                I agree completely. I bought the Jobmax for the quick little jobs that pop up. I just ended up giving it a good workout because I'm lazy and forget to pick up a real one when I'm in the store.
                Jack

I've learned a lot from my past experiences.
                I've learned nothing from my passed experiences.

Comment

Working...
                X