table saw care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw care

Very new to woodworking and just purchased a new TS3650 and want to know what people recommend for cleaning and protecting the top of the table saw.

Thank you.

To clean the top of my saw I use mineral spirits. For protection from rust and to make the cast iron slippery, I use a product called TopCote®. It's available from http://www.leevalley.com and also http://www.woodcraft.com to name just two places. I've used it since day one on my 3612 and have never had a spec of rust yet. There are an awful lot of people that swear by Johnson's Paste Wax also so you may want to give that a look see.

Edit: TopCote does not come up on the Woodcraft link. I just assumed it would be available on their website as my local Woodcraft store carries it. Sorry, for any confusion.

[ 11-19-2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

For an order under $20, Lee Valley get $6 for shipping and handling. If you don't have one, go back to their website and request one of their catalogs. They are one of the easiest places to spend alot of money you'll ever find. This company is one of the finest companies you'll ever have the pleasure of dealing with. The quality of their merchandise is second to none and every order I've ever placed with them has arrived in under 7 working days. Their pricing is very competitive also. I'm not in any way affiliated with LV but just impressed with their merchandise and most of all their customer service.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thank You. Ordered my TopCote earlier this morning and will be picking up some mineral spirits on the way home.

Comment

Working...
        X