Jobsite Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobsite Radio

I am wondering when ridgid is going to follow in the footsteps of dewalt, and put out a radio? First dewalt came out with one, the Milwaukee improved it. Now it is ridgids turn!

I have a DeWalt radio. I bought it to charge my screwgun batteries, a screwgun I promptly returned and purchased a ridgid 18V. I now have no need for the battery charging capabilities of this radio. Milwaulkie's radio is nice, but it doesn't charge their batieries. If Ridgid took the best of both radios, and put them into a ridgid am/fm/CD/battery charger, I'd be on eof the first to stand in line for it!

Comment

Carpentercrow,

If you want to get rid of that radio shoot me a price. I have several of the Dewalt 18V tools and would gladly take the radio off your hands.
      I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

You sure the Milwaukee radio doesn't charge their tools. That doesn't make much sense. Mistake on their part. It sure is a nice sounding radio..

Jake

Comment

Jake

DeWalt has a patent on the Charging Radio, thats why Black&Decker has one also. The power plug on Milwaukees radio has a pass through so you can plug a charger in along with the radio, I connect their new 3bay charger up with it on the job site and am set for the day

Comment

WOW!!

Good thinking DeWalt. Maybe this explains why their radio is such crappy quality.. lol. NO COMPETITION.

Guess we'll have to wait for patent to expire for DeWalt to make a nice radio.

Shame isn't it.

Jake

Comment

I have the milwaukee radio. Not a charger, but I don't have any cordless by milwaukee either. It will run off a battery, but it never leaves the shelf in the shop other than a good dusting off. It blows DeWalts radio 6 feet under.

Milwaukee also has a radio shaped charger that will charge 3 batteries at once.
              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
              X