X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3612 dust collector

I finally assembled my 3612. Next move is to install a dust collector. Is RIDGID sawdust collection kit AC1098 any good? Any recommendations will be appreciated.

I didn't care for it at all. I bought one and took it back the next day. It was very poorly made, IMO, and expensive for what you get. The one I had kept falling apart also. When I took it back to HD, I picked up a toilet closet collar. When I got home I mounted the closet collar to a piece of ply and mounted that to the bottom of the saw. Next, I closed in the back of the saw. This setup worked fairly well but still made quite a mess. Recently, I bought a 2HP Harbor Freight DC and hooked it up to the closet flange. Well, long story short, anyone wanna buy a well used broom?

If you do a search for dust collection you should be able to find some pictures on how to close up the back of the saw. I can't recall who originally posted them but they're pretty straight forward.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BadgerDave,
      What is a toilet closet collar?? Can you take pictures, email or post?
      This is intriguing. Hope you haven't patented this design. I'll pay royalty with an Advance Thanks!

Comment

I mounted it underneath with a dedicated ridgid vacuum. The vac hose was stiff and kept lifting up the the vacuum assembly so I bolted the black plastic flanges to the bottom of the saw. Its also a big pain squeezing it in there. There are some holes in the saw cabinet there already that I used. There was a little gap so I used a couple of thin pieces of wood that I put the bolts through to hold it in place and seal it off. System has been fine for by purposes and as good as the small delta dc i had on my old saw.

Comment

Weekender,

Go to any HD, Lowes, or local hardwarde store to find a closet collar. They are the part that a toilet is bolted to the floor too. To hook up to the 4" flex pipe that runs to the DC you'll need a 4x3 closet collar.

Dave
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just ran out to the woodsmith store and got a 14"x14" TS dust hood. It fit's perfect I then used the exhisting bolt hole on the bottom to snug it up to the saw. Then I enclosed the back, I used one of the ideas from anouther post on the woodworking forum. I have to say it works outstanding. I also have it hooked to a Jet DC1100a dust collector. I can probably send you an e-mail of the pictures if that would help. E-mail me.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
              I'll check at HD.
              The next step is to fix this flange (collar) to the a plywood sized approx 14x14?

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I think I know what to do with the bottom opening of my saw. However, I still don't know what to do with the opening at the back of the saw. I have spent hours analyzing the problem with no success. I would like to enclose the back in a way that does not require removal of the cover each time I need to do beveling. If you have any great ideas, please post them.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Comment

Just to be clear the RIdgid accessory isnt 4-inch so I agree get the bigger plate if for a true dc with 4" hose. Re price, HD had these in a pile of "older Ridgid" accessories. I paid $11 and works fine for a shop vac after i bolted it in and sealed it. The quality is the same as the larger hoods I've seen in wookworking shops. Good luck.
                  Fred

Comment

Working...
                  X