X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD BATTERIES

I'M ON MY THIRD 922 COMBO KIT IN THREE WEEKS BECAUSE OF LEAKING BATTERY ANY BODY ELSE

I think you are the first one to post that concern here. I have had mine for over a year with no problems. However if you store them in your truck in freezing temperatures or go from frozen to heavey use thay may leek. Check page 4 of the drill manual.
    IMPORTANT RULES FOR BATTERY TOOLS
    ■ For best results, your battery tool should be charged in a location where the temperature is more than 50°F but less than 100°F. Do not store outside or in vehicles.
    ■ Under extreme usage or temperature conditions, battery leakage may occur.

Comment

I read the same thing brooks. Even though I do store my 922 kit in my work truck, I havent had any problems with it at all. Bought in Nov. used everyday and cleaned once a week. Guess I'm ont of the lucky ones who got a "good" kit. I love the jigsaw too, use it more than I thought I would.

Comment

Originally posted by GLASSMAN:
        I'M ON MY THIRD 922 COMBO KIT IN THREE WEEKS BECAUSE OF LEAKING BATTERY ANY BODY ELSE
        As i mentioned in another thread I was in Home Depot return line and guy in front of me was returning a well used combo set. I asked him about it and he said he had the tools for about a year and half and the batteries went dead. He bought new batteries and they went bad in about 2 weeks. Since he didn't know if the problem was one of the tools, the charger or what he was returning it all.

I watched the outcome and the HD manager opened a new combo box and traded him new tools for his old. The guy with the tools was happy. To me it was excellent service. I just wondered if it was the exception rather than the rule.
        Rev Ed

Comment

Working...
        X