TS3650 Economics for Dummies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maineman,

You sure write a lot of B.S. for a saw that costs the same as 2 weeks of groceries. I wish I could get a free pack of cheese from the manufacturer after I get home and realize it's not enough for my recipe. However, I'm sure it's some sort of corporate scam to screw me so I guess I won't bother. Geez, It's only a $500 saw what do you expect? A Uni? By the way no one likes to listen to a self righteous, condescending windbag. Is
    your real name John Kerry?

Scrambler28

[ 02-21-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: scrambler28 ]
    "Semper Fi"
    "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

He voted for the TS3650 before he voted against it....what a piece of work. Give him a week, his position will chyange.

Comment

MainMan

I kinda lean towards the fact that ridgid probably has to outsource for alot of the pieces that go into the tools they make.

Given that fact, I asumme that the quality control for the arbor might have slipped through the cracks .Mayby the person/s who was assigned to that particular model for insuring QC slipped?

The workers in the Ridgid assmbly lines probably had no clue that they were installing a (out of spec)arbor. They are paid to assemble, not read micrometers.

The board members and share holders have no clue as to what a arbor IS anyways.........so how could you just assume that they are over looking this. They offer a replacement arbor for those who have the short ones.

I have bought many cars over the years that had recalls on them. I didn't stop me from buying from that company again.

The TS360 is a fine saw for the money. I wouldn't shy away from it for a minute. If I cared about resale value, I wouldn't buy tools to begin with. Tools are always worth more to you than the guy your selling to.

[ 02-22-2005, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Shipwreck ]

Comment

Ship Wreck is right on key with this one..

Comment

Ron---since you seem to have come to this late in the game----first, there were a number of members here who spent long hours on the phone with Ridgid, over a period of 2-3 weeks, and getting a ww'ing mag. staff involved, to get this problem resolved. Yes, Ridgid now has a favorable fix, but the members here deserve a lot of credit.

Thing is, however, Emerson fixed this problem years ago and it was the new owners that allowed it to crop up again. I'd agree with Shipwreck, that this was an inspection problem, but it was previously solved and then crops up again. Let's just say it's one more negative against the current owners---though I certainly give them credit for a more rapid response (relatively) than they had to earlier issues.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
              Ron---since you seem to have come to this late in the game----first, there were a number of members here who spent long hours on the phone with Ridgid, over a period of 2-3 weeks, and getting a ww'ing mag. staff involved, to get this problem resolved. Yes, Ridgid now has a favorable fix, but the members here deserve a lot of credit.

Thing is, however, Emerson fixed this problem years ago and it was the new owners that allowed it to crop up again. I'd agree with Shipwreck, that this was an inspection problem, but it was previously solved and then crops up again. Let's just say it's one more negative against the current owners---though I certainly give them credit for a more rapid response (relatively) than they had to earlier issues.
              I'll add to Dave's comment that there were several reports of service centers being well aware of the arbor issue, which leads to plenty of speculation that Ridgid knew of the issue sooner than they let on. They responded well to public internet scrutiny and the threat of media involvement....I'd have been alot more impressed if they had responded to the service center's observations rather than waiting for extreme pressure. Nonetheless, kudos for the timely response once "appropriately stimulated".

Comment

MAINEMAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR SPARE TIME, BUT I JUST WASTED A HALF HOUR READING AND LOOKING UP WORDS YOU POSTED. CAN'T YOU JUST GET TO THE POINT WITHOUT ALL THE BS?
                BY THE WAY WITH PLUMBERS WAGES YOU OWE ME $45.
                PLEASE DON'T RESPOND UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER $45. SINCE I KNOW IT'S NEVER TO THE POINT.
                OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING? HOPE YOUR NOT A LAWYER, NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD YOUR PHONE TIME BILLING.
                HOPE THIS PUTS AN END TO THIS POST.
                RICK

Comment

I'm not a full-timer on here. Don't plan to be.

Intention of thread was mostly to create a thread where people who weren't into this site so much could discuss maturely and freely talk about the both the great and not so great points about the 3650, and how it could be made better in the future.

Contrary to what these old-timer full-timers make it look to be I am not cryptologically sending out code to redirect everyone's computer to zero in on this thread.

So feel free to say what you want. And I stand on everything stated in other threads about the general tone of the site.

This site could be better if more people thought it was, but with the attitudes of some of the members here, you will always be treated like a newbie. They have good knowledge I'm sure. Just you gotta suck up to pry the best knowledge out of them. That's probably a more interesting aspect of this thread than the arbor to some people.

Anyway my experience with this group stuff about "take what we decide to give you, then muzzle it" never flew very far with me.

It's about the saw.

And I challenge any reader to count the characters in all the posts of all the guys ragging on me here, andsee if my total 6 hours of Ha yeahright "fame" comes anywhereclose. To the bandwidth anyone of them's used here.

Gee. That's an incomplete sentence wasn't it?

Guess I bitter git bak 2 lawur skool. Hey if nothing else we got comedy here.

Comment

Maineman
                    I don't know ya, and would not ridicule you over some thing like a table saw. I don't agree with some of your points, but like adults, we a least get to share views with out name calling.

I myself could care less about a full stack of dado blades. If its to narrow..I'll make 2 passes to get the joint I need. But thats just my easy going nature I suppose.

Comment

So Maineman---you first ridicule people responding to your posts and now ridicule the site??? Why are you here then?

You seem to have a strange concept of the way things work-----you get on a site---ask a question or post a comment---bemoan the responses you get (despite how correct they may be) and then go on with your blather. Gee, you must really be a popular person at work.
                      Dave

Comment

maineman, come spend a day on the job with me and the big fellows.We work with attitudes all the time but some folks just cant get it.--------I wish I had money to go to (lawur skool)!!!I take that back,I enjoy what I do.

Besafe out there folks.

Bob B.

[ 02-26-2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                        Be safe out there folks
                        Bob B
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

daveferg - Oh dave. Everyone finds the condescension intriguing okay? What'd ja do, run outta threads tonight?
                          bb - Ya! Well, best I can tell is some people are just slower catching onto stuff that way, ya know?
                          Adam - grab these and invite Grainy and Toes back to GUYTI thread Thursday @ 10.

Comment

So, can anybody tell me one way or the other if this saw would be good for grandson going into cabinet making apprenticship? Or should we spend extra hundred bucks for a better saw? Can I take anybody here seriously? Couple o you sound almost too forgiving on your specs, no personal offense or nothin.
                            Takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.

Comment

Don,

Read a few posts, not impressed with the postings of non-informational readings, so I didn't read the whole thread.
                              I will say this (in response to your post), if you are considering the 3650 for your grandson going into cabinet making. NO. This saw would not be a wise choice for several reasons. As a cabinet maker myself, he will need something solid (which the leg set is weak) and an arbor that will handle cuts associated with needed joints (arbor problems). I would look into a Bridgewood as the blade tilt stops are on the cast iron trunion, not the sheet metal case.

Woody
                              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Don---I would agree with Woody to the extent that the saw, with it's problems is not worth the cost. Bridgewood is a good choice. There have also been positive comments about the Grizly and you can't go wrong with a Delta---if you shop around, you can get a good price.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X