Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave -

Not reopening the original can of worms -

- but sounds you're admitting if the 3650 was to see some improvements over the next year or so - whether it's a longer arbor or just any advantages that the Bridgewood or Delta have going for them - that - as per the original topic of this thread, the sales (a.k.a. economics) for the 3650 might stand a better chance of improving?

That was the basic point y'know, to get a concensus going. Simply that Ridgid should hardly rest on it's laurels.

Sorry for thinking we'd never qualify you're position.

tks

Comment

Look Maineman----I really don't think you'll ever listen, but I'll try again. You'll be wishing for this longer arbor until the cows come home, but it ain't gonna happen-----it would take a heavier duty bearing, possibly wider insert opening, etc. If you want a longer arbor you'll just have to get a saw in a higher price catagory.

Now, as to Ridgid having improvements/innovations to give them a marketing edge, I agree and have said this a number of times before. In the case of this saw, they'd do well to simply fix all the problems they created in the design, for the same or lower price. As to their other tools, again, I would agree. They come out with a complete new line of hand held power tools and price them right in the middle of the current pack of competitors. Why is someone supposed to buy their toools when there are no notable innovations over the competition?
      Dave

Comment

Au contraire, boss.

I ~have~ come to accept that it isn't going to happen.

Just wanted to point out to folks one last time that your presence and participation on this site is suspect.

It would appear it's you who's glommed onto a fixxxxxed unmoveable notion - that anyone who's got an opinion you're not partial to, can have no viable influence on anything on this site - without your diving in to squelch - not necessarily the idea(s) so much but rather the persons who might try to conduct any discussion outside of your meddling. It's the dominance thing, David.

It's just pretty comical, is all.

You could have just let my last post stand as a civil conclusion, and yet you just had to lay down one more blow of rudeness for what, to let everybody know who's

All hail, the Daveman. King of - well - a website.

So, don't anyone let (t)his squelching drive you away. Pin him down if you can and ignore him if you can't. Chance are your opinion has value to someone even if this guy only gives you a token credit or two at your first couple of posts.

I just couldn't stand the everyman's best guru act all that much. Go 'head Dave. Have the last word.

Comment

Too many issues for one post.

Warranty

Arbor size

Big business profiteering

Big box store having exclusive supply

Attacks on peoples intellect

Etc., etc.

Come on people we all know we have someone that wants to be seen as being smart, a know-it-all. A guy that watches Daytona, works with tools, a family man and an intellectual superior. He overloaded a post with far too many issues for one post and has set up a post that he can rebut to for eternity.

I call this professional grade TROLLING.

Have a nice day.

Comment

“without your diving in to squelch - not necessarily the idea(s) so much but rather the persons who might try to conduct any discussion outside of your meddling. It's the dominance thing, David.”

“All hail, the Daveman. King of - well - a website.”

In all fairness, chalk one up to maineman, you had me laughing on that last post.

Woodslayer

Comment

All of the foregoing concerns aside, I would like them to use metric or Imperial fasteners. What they are using is some sort of bastardization (I don't recall the actual name for this type of fastener). I also noted taht the fence grooves are odd sized and required that I file the hex-heads to slide in the slots. Lastly, the mitre gauge slots for mounting an extension piece of wood are slightly narrow and difficult to file. I managed to do so with a Dremel tool and milling tool. After overcoming these for the setups they aren't much concern and I am pretty satisfied with the saw. The lack of standardization and the lack of specific accessories from Ridgid are my only issues at this point.
              Laer,
              Chiz
              Later,
              Chiz

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat:
                I also noted taht the fence grooves are odd sized and required that I file the hex-heads to slide in the slots.
                ironhat, I've never had a problem using ¼x20 hex head bolts in the slots of the fence. What type of bolts are you trying to use?
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                X