X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No free rides !

Just joined to say Customer NO Service just refused my application for the free battery (OR flashlight) when you purchased a battery drill from HD. between 2/17/05 and 6/29/05 because... I didn't save the box for the UPC code Beforwarned to cut the UPC/Bar code from all boxes on future purchases. I wasn't made aware of the HD offer when I bought the drill, I saw the card at the HD store later. Just when I was going to buy the 10" Ridgid table saw too. Oh well they lost another customer FOREVER. Does any one have a UPC they could send me off their R82015 12volt X2 drill box for a small fee?

Sorry I had to vent. I actually like the 12v X2 drill and I purchased the 12v 90 degree impact drill and like it also. I purchased a 3/8" standard chuck at HD that fits the 1/4" drive socket. This impact driver is great for driving lag bolts in tight places. I'd go to HD and cut a UPC off one of the boxes, but they don't carry the 12v X2's anymore HD buyers of the R82001,R82015,R83001,R83015,R84001,R884015 and R8841151 go back to HD and get your coupon for one free MAX HC battery or flashlight. If I can't enjoy the offer maybe someone else can to reach into thier bottom line.

Comment

Allmost every "deal" that comes along requires the UPC code. You are certainly not alone in learning this lesson, as some of us guys aren't used to getting refunds or perks for buying tools. I just aske the wife, she's a much better shopper than I and it seems that the magic "UPC" code label has been used in her world for years! Hence, we always save the cartons for any purchase for at least a short time.

Now, don't forget to register your tool and follow the procedure for getting your "limited lifetime service agreement". It says you need the UPC, but I've talked to customer service and they indicate that you do not. You do need to send them a copy of your receipt though. Here is a link: http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

Comment

Talked to customer NO service again to confirm the UPC thing. They claim many fruadulent applications are submitted...come on now, for a battery specific to a drill? You must send the ORIGINAL purchase reciept for the warranty registration if you do not have the UPC and keep a COPY for your records. What a pain in the *ss. The reason they're not requiring the UPC's on the warranty issue is you might have sent the original UPC in for another offer previously! Make copies of your UPC's before you send them! In my opinion, it's basically a way to make the product more enticing to buy and harder/impossible to deliver the extra items/services offered (at thier savings)

Comment

Why is this different than any other rebate/offer? I just recieved a free nailer from my purchase of a Porter Cable compressor set. I'm sure I wouldn't have done so without the UPC. I got a check for $300 on my computer/monitor purchase. It wouldn't have happenedwithout the UPC either. Sometimes you miss out on deals. It isn't the fault of whomever is offering the deal.

My $0.02
          Steve
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

So, because you screwed up, Ridgid has "Customer NO Service"? How can you possibly blame Ridgid when it was you who didn't comply with the requirements of the program?

It's a shame you weren't aware of this program when you made your purchase but that isn't Ridgids fault. It's also too bad that when you did find out about it you had already tossed the UPC sticker but again, not Ridgids fault. For whatever the reasons, Ridgid has setup guidelines that must be followed to receive the free product. Anyone that doesn't meet all the requirements doesn't quality for the free product. It's really quite simple if you think about it.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I went through the same thing when I bought my TS2400LS. There was a $100.00 HD card rebate if you bought $500.00 worth of Ridgid, so I went ahead and got a new jigsaw, too. Didn't fill out the form until about a week later, and by then the box was long gone. I asked the manager if they had a box around from which I could get the UPC, but no luck. I went ahead and returned the jigsaw. I've never been one to clip coupons and the like, so just didn't know how to go about it. My former wife took care of things like that, and my cats are no good at that sort of thing.... Oh, well—live and learn.
              Nolo illigitamati carborundum

Comment

Yea, I know , I know. You might think that a tool company with a construction company customer might have got me I contact with a reginal rep. to work things out, but no, now I have a bad taste. HD sells Hilti brand also, so it's Hilti for me from now on [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thier reps. bend over backwards for you. Much better quality at a price though.

Comment

Well if you can afford em, go for it!

However, while I understand your frustration about missing out on the deal, and even applaud your effort for taking an extra step to see if you can work it out, I find it difficult to sympathize with your thought, that you were somehow mistreated! Even more so, I think that you demean yourself by the feeling that you're owed privileged consideration because you are with a construction company.

The bottom line was that Ridgid set certain criteria for their offer. Whether you weren't aware, made aware, or just didn't care; you weren't able to fulfill the the criteria necessary for the offer. That's life! Some you win and some you loose, but thankfully most of us take it on the chin and recognize it. As Willy Shakespeare wrote: "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in our selves!".

CWS

[ 05-28-2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

I SENT IN THE UPC OFF THE DRILL CARTON AND IN LESS THAN 4 WEEKS, A NEW BATTERY. THAT WAS GREAT BECAUSE THE 12 VOLT DRILL WAS THE LAST ONE WAY ON TOP OF THE OVERHEAD. IT WAS MISSING 1 BATTERY, BUT FOR $49.00 I COULDN'T PASS UP THE DEAL. NOW I HAVE THAT 2ND. BATTERY.
                    PS. MANY OF THESE DRILLS ARE ON EBAY FOR 35-50$ FOR THE DRILL ONLY. SOME WITH CASES. CHECK WITH THEM FOR THE ORIGINAL BOX AND SPEND THE 40. YOU'LL HAVE A SECOND DRILL WITH YOUR FREE BATTERY.
                    NOW I HAVE 4 DRILLS. SHOO, DON'T TELL THE WIFE.
                    RICK.

Comment

Working...
                    X