X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 pc Combo

I bought the 4 pc on the 9-12 and so far am very happy with it. I read other comments about the tools in this combo and just wanted to comment on a few as I see it so far. The flashlight is great in my opinion. The adjustment is good. The only negative I can come up with is that you cant aim it down. That isn't a major issue but its all I can come up with. The hammer drill/driver seems easy to use and has worked well so far. Tons of power and very adjustable. I did notice the chuck looks like it is wobbling a little but i think that is only on the OD because the bits I used seemed to be turning true. A cosmetic wobble doesnt bother me as long as the bit is turning true. I have only used the Recip saw a little yesterday but it worked fine when I stuck it in the dirt to cut some roots. I have about 5 bushes and 2 or 3 small stumps aprox 6 in dia to remove Ill let you know if the saw gives me any problems with that. This is the tool that I will expect to work the hardest and is one of the main reasons I bought this combo. It is a little heavy but I knew it would be since I was bying a cordless rather than a corded Recip. I have no comment on the Circ. Saw as I havnt used it yet. I may soon though. Cant let a new toy sit iddle to long. Over all, in the week I have had my new tools I have been very happy with them. Hopefully I will have the same feelings when the honeymoon is over.

Well it is later the same day and I have cut down 5 bushes and I think the Recip worked very well. The bushes didnt co-operate but the saw worked wondrfully. I did drain all 3 of my batteries but to their defence I was asking them to work hard. The larger branches of the bushes were no problem at all, it was the smaller branches that wouldnt hold still that where hard to cut. The batteries were not 100% charged as I had been using one of them in my flashlight and one in the drill. They are just now charged for their second time. I realize that full capacity wont be reached until after a few charges. Over all I am still thrilled with my purchase.

Comment

I work as an Electrican and enjoy that sawsall.
      It cuts through pvc pipe really well and, i would sugest that you don't use the hammer drill option on your cordless. I know it looks cool but trust me small cordless hammerdrills should no be used for heavy jobs. Get your hands on a corded Hilti, Makita or Millwakii before you ever use you drill on cement or brick.

Take care of your tools and they take care of you!
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Thanks Polar Sparky i appreciate the advise on the hammer drill. I actualy used all the tools in the combo today. My wife wanted a picket fence put up today so I used everything including the flashlight to see where some roots where in a post hole so I could cut them off. I would set a post then cut it to the proper height with the cir. saw. That worked out fantastic. I was realy happy with the saw. The drill/driver worked fantastic. Drove in the 2.5" square drive screws far better than my corded drill. Never had a bit of problem. Those same screws had my corded drill bogging down a lot.

Comment

I brought the 4 pieces combo a month ago and I was not 100% sure how good Ridgid is because I never use this brand before. I had bad experice with Ryobi with short battery life. Anyway, this is what I did so far.
          Drill holes around my entire house for termite treatment (4" concrete sidewalk)
          I used the recip saw to trim my tree, rebuild my mailbox, cut sheet matel, cut plastic pipe for the drainage around my house. I love the recip saw.
          I use the cir saw to cut plywood with no problem.
          The light is super strong, but it does not point downward, nothing perfect.
          The only thing is the weight of the drill and the recip saw, they weight a ton.
          As far as charging, have the same problem with heat. Just need to wait it out.
          I am waiting for my free impact diver and planning on a project to work on my house to make it more hurricane proof.
          This hurricane thing has really got my attention!
          Bottom line -- I give it a 8.7 out of 10
          Good Luck.
          Aloha from Hawaii
          ridgid4piecescombo

Comment

I'm really happy with my Ridgid 18v Drill/Driver. Today at work i was mouthing metal boxes and had to use self tapping screws. my battery was still good at the end of the day but, my coworker had to barrow some of my dewalt batteries to power his drill.

The Sawsall and Cicular saw cam in handy when my parents neighbors were trying to patch thier roof before a storm came. They had to drap extension cords up and they were just getting tangled around their swamp cooler. The circular saw cut perfectly straight and, we had the roof patched in 5 hours. We also niled on new shingles and cleaned up in that time. The funny part was telling my dad to get his own power tools. I have to write my name on all my tools, if i don't my dad will lose them in his house.

As for the battery Charging time, you get that with any brand. At least with Ridgid you have a little help cooling the battery off before it starts charging.

Comment

I forgot to add than when you already carry a toolbelt that has a ton of screwdrivers, pliers, and other electrical hand tools, You don't notice the weight of a drill much. I usually carry two anyway, one for light work, the other for when i need more power.

Comment

Working...
              X