Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i really need to calibrate TS2400LS

I just recently purchase a brand new TS2400LS
    Table Saw. from what can I tell, the setting looks pretty true. Do i really need to re-calibrate and adjustment all the setting like its say on the manual? If so, how often do I need to re-calibrate/adjust

dwc

In a word, YES.

How often will be a function of the amount of work you do with the saw and frequency of use, as well to a degree the type or cuts made. Another factor could be if you transport the saw from job to job, in which case you should perform checks/adjustments more often.

It's not just an accuracy issue, a properly adjusted saw is safer too due to less chance of kickbacks, etc.

Comment

To add to what Bob said, it's always a good idea to have, at the very least, a basic knowledge of how your tools work. By going through the setup procedure, you will gain fundamental knowledge of your saws operating parts which may come in handy if you ever need to trouble shoot a problem sometime in the future.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dominic,

Glad to see you decided to go with the 2400LS! IMO, a great portable table saw.

Good advice from Bob and Dave. Mine only required very minor adjustments, but it is a good idea to spend a little time fine tuning for best performance/safety.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X