X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer

I recently purchased the 6 1/8 jointer model # jp06101 and I only have one problem.The shaft that the hand wheel for the depth of cut adjustment goes on has no threads inside the shaft.So youy can't attach the wheel.Anyone ever run into this??Think I will just run a tap into it and fix it myself.This thing is way to heavy to take back.Should I do this or call ridgid first in case something goes wrong like the shaft breaks near the bolt hole.Thanks for any advice.

Ronald

I would call Ridgid support and see if they will send you a replacement shaft. Might be a little more work than just tapping out the hole, but you'd have one on hand in case you fear of breaking happens in the future, or it all goes wrong somehow.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I agree with UO_Woody - Get the spare part from Ridgid.

Ridgid service is great- they just take your name, machine sn and ship you the part- No charge and no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakind:

Ridgid service is great
        [img]tongue.gif[/img] Remember, you read it here first ! ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
        X