X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 6" ROS

Anyone have one how do you like it....Is it worth the price???

[ 03-07-2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: rrmcbride ]

Yes and Yes
    Truely a great tool
    The 2610 has lots of power and is balanced nicely. When I first picked up the 2610 my thoughts were that the damn thing was way too heavy but then again how often do you sand on a verticle. The 2610 is easily used with 1 hand as the tools weight is the perfect pressure for sanding. Another neat feature is the dual orbits. You can set the machine for a 1/4" orbit for fast material removal and then set it to 1/8" orbit for fine finish sanding. Put a glass finish on cherry in about 1/5th the time it took with my sears 4.5" orbital (ryobi clone).

Comment

I have had the Ridgid 2610 sander since December and although I haven't really used it on any projects yet,I have played with it. I really like it. This is a two handed sander,which I prefer over palm sanders. It is smooth,reasonably quiet and very powerful.It has a much more agressive stroke than the model 2600 palm sander.
      The 2610 sander is actually a Metabo SXE 450 sander (German made). Metabo makes very good sanders. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
      X