• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what do u like about the 3650 ts?

I want to know the good with the bad.
    ________
    Suzuki VL1500/T
    Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:31 AM.

I like the Herculift, cast iron wings, serpentine belt and the trunnion adjustment mechanism. Don't like the stock blade, the aluminum and plastic dual locking fence, miter gauge, or externally mounted motor.

Comment

I like all of those, plus the easily removeable and reinstallable ( is that a word?) blade guard. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I like the fence and miter gage too. The motor doesn't bother me, after all it is a contractor style saw. Don't like the stock blade (big deal). [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hewood wrote:
        I like the Herculift, cast iron wings, serpentine belt and the trunnion adjustment mechanism. Don't like the stock blade, the aluminum and plastic dual locking fence, miter gauge, or externally mounted motor.
        I too, like the Herc-U-Lift, cast iron table extensions, serpentine belt, and the trunnion adj.

I think the fence is ok, but I put a Biesemeyer fence on mine (it has more then paid for itself over the last 3 years.)

I built a cabinet for mine that incorporates the Herc-U-Lift, yet allows me to have the underside of the saw enclosed which makes for excellent dust collection and better stability of the saw.

[ 06-28-2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: CARPENTERDON ]
        Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
        Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

The only thing I don't care for is that the slots in the miter gauge which attach an extension are a bit narrow for the intended diameter bolt (sorry, not in my head right now)and had to be opened up with a Dremel tool. Not a large deal but why should I have to do it - as with all of the bolts being a bit 'off' and having difficulty using US or metric wrenches. Secondly, I used the recommended addition of large washers to spread out the stress on the bosses for the leg supports - check this thread
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Working...
          X