X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Demo TS2400 for $350 good buy? First Post

I saw a TS2400 in a HD yesteday for $350 marked down from $499. It appears to not be used and has the cart and the table stickers are still on it. One corner of the base that attaches to the cars has a small crack and it is missing the miter guage. How easy is it to get replacement parts and is this a decent price for a Floor Demo?

I have a very small shop (10 x 16) and plan on putting a small deck on the front that I could work on outside (weather permitting) I currently have a Sears RAS that I have had for eons. I just got the recall pkg and will be updating it. I have not decided whether to sell the RAS or keep it. I do have a Dewalt 705 miter saw. If I keep the RAS I only have space in the shop to store the TS2400 but not to use it.

Any thoughts. I have $400 of HD gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket. (bg)

After just purchasing the TS2400 I would say that is a good buy. I've seen some marked down, but they usually don't have the cart with it.

Is it the old gray, or the new orange?

I ask because the only intitial difference I have seen is the ability to lock the depth on the new one. This probably isn't an issue often, but I have seen someone mention it's helpfullness when trying to use dado blades.

If it's a new style, I'd consider it a steal. I got mine for $449 +tax with a 10% discount.

Comment

I just bought one of the TS2400's on clearance with the stand for $225 in the box at HD.

The base of the saw is orange- are these the new models or are they the old ones. If old, what has this saw been replaced with?

Comment

The orange base is the new one.

Somebody slipped up selling it to you for that price.

Congrats.

Comment

Thanks ROFL for the reply. I was a little suprised when I opened up the box and saw the orange base- all the other clearance Ridgid stuff I got is grey with orange trim here and there, but this was different- all orange.

I am thrilled with the deal- especially for the newer version. It's one great machine and very well put together.

Gotta love HD and their clearance sales..

[ 02-24-2004, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Oakind ]

Comment

Wow, Oakind! That's half what I paid for mine, with 10% discount. Great deal!

Comment

I was in line last night at HD and a gentleman was purchasing a TS-2400 with stand and was having a fit about the price, he said the tag was marked 299, The manager looked at it and said to let him have it, I took the shot and said I wanted one also, three saws left HD within 5 minutes at $299, orange base, stand included. I am a happy man.

Comment

Working...
              X