16 gal wet dry vac...6hp???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 gal wet dry vac...6hp???

A few days ago I purchased the 16 gallon 6hp wet/dry vac plus a VF5000 filter specifically for vacuuming drywall dust.

1. How can the motor be 6.0hp? At standard household current of 115v, a 6hp motor would pull nearly 40 amps. Besides the problem of blowing breakers that would cause, how could that work with a 100' 12ga extension cord like the manual says?

2. Is the VF5000 filter cleanable so that it can be reused? After only about 30-40 minutes worth of vacuuming, the vac stopped sucking and I found that the filter was absolutely packed full.

3. I must say Ridgid's contactability through its website is pretty much impossible. Either pages don't work, submit buttons don't work, or "wet/dry vac" buttons mislink me to the Plumbing section. At this point I'm very frustrated, and decided the next best thing was to post here.

Magestyx

Originally posted by Magestyx:

1. How can the motor be 6.0hp?-------------- It can't. At 115v on a 15 amp circuit it will produce in the neighborhood of 2.25 HP.

2. Is the VF5000 filter cleanable so that it can be reused?---------------- Try holding the filter in one hand and then slap it silly with the other hand. If that doesn't get it clean enough, a little compressed air will finish it off.

3. I must say Ridgid's contactability through its website is pretty much impossible.---------- You'll get much faster results if you call Customer Service versus email.
    [ 06-26-2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Working...
    X