Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS IS TURNING INTO A POLITICAL FORUM INSTEAD OF A TOOL FORUM.
    TRUTHFULLY I WOULD, AND TOO PURCHASE THE BEST TOOL FOR THE JOB. REGARDLESS WHERE IT IS MADE. SOME TIMES THE BEST COST A LITTLE BIT MORE. I DON'T JUDGE MY TOOL BUYING DECISION BASED ON POLITICTS. IF THAT WAS TRUE THEN GERMAN OR JAPANEESE MADE TOOLS WOULDN,T BE IN OUR COUNTRY. LOOK AT OUR IMPORTED CARS. BOTH LUXURY AND ECONOMY LINES. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
    STOP JUDGING ALL YOUR OPINIONS BASED ON WORLD POLITICTS. THIS IS TOOL TALK, NOT POLITICS!
    NEXT TIME YOU NEED A MEDICAL DOCTOR, I'M SURE YOU'LL TRY TO FIND THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD. REGARDLESS WHERE THEY WERE BORN OR WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL.
    AS STATED IN OTHER POST. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUSCHASED DOMESTICALLY MADE STEEL PIPE AND FITTINGS? NOT CAST IRON. HOW ABOUT MOST OF THE CHINA FIXTURES? IMPORTS ARE HERE TO STAY. SOME LIKE IT, SOME DON'T. SUPPORT WHAT YOU LIKE BUT KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THESE FORUMS!

THANKS, PLUMBER RICK

Comment

Originally posted by bob bridgewater:
      You want to fight,join the army -we want you-
      Bob
      I hope I didn't give the impression I wanted to fight. If I was going to fight it be over something more important than where a tool was made.
      EdB
      Rev Ed

Comment

"His workers did not even want to take them home."

I am not doubting what you said or implying anything but I got a huge laugh thinking back to a fella that used to work where I work. He got fired for attempting to take Dial brand bar soap out of the plant!

Comment

"His workers did not even want to take them home."

I am not doubting what you said or implying anything but I got a huge laugh thinking back to a fella that used to work where I work. He got fired for attempting to take Dial brand bar soap out of the plant!

Comment

I tend to agree with the REV. I think there are many complainers. I'm happy with my set and they are comparable to many other 18 volt combos which I own.

Lets get this straight. You mean to tell us that nobody in a manufacturing company will bother with old tools. If anyone needs me to take tools of their hands just email me.

[ 02-15-2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: paul v. ]

Comment

I realize it's late at night, but I see more people agreeing on points than fighting----Plumber said there's a reason you don't see Ridgid cordless in dedicated tools stores and while Rev. Ed praised the service the guy got at HD, he also said "I have never bought Ridgid for one reason it was priced that same as the competitors and they have no track record. I can't afford to buy something I depend on to find out it is junk."---which has been a favorite point of mine from the beginning.

I also cringe at what OWT may do to Milwalkee. For a big company, regardless of what you do or don't believe about Ridgid's quality----they sure made a mess of customer service for well over a year----hope they do better with Mil'.
              Dave

Comment

Yha daveferg I'ts nice to see everyone agreeing on points than fighting I know I aint no saint! I know your very knowledgeable and when everyone talks like friends,so much more is learned with the advice and smarts we all have.

Bob B
                Be safe out there folks.
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Be safe out there folks
                Bob B
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Bob---you've got that right. I'm no angel either and never minded a lively discussion. Trouble with posting/e-mail is you never see the other person's reactions, etc.---even talking on the phone is better----lots of misunderstandings from written words.
                  Dave

Comment

NCST8GUY,
                    You could just buy an 18V Milwaukee drill. You'd get 2 batteries and a charger and also be free of multiple battery brands. A Dewalt RS would also do the trick but the hatchet is the best RS in my view. Either of those options would be only a few bucks more than batteries and charger, and you would have a new tool with warranty.

For what its worth I have no issues with my Ridgid 4pc combo. But the saws were not available individually back in 2003. Promotions aside under current pricing I'd buy the 3pc combo and a separate RS. I think it's only $30 or $40 more that way, and you get 2 more batteries and a spare charger. I liked the CS so well I bought an extra one on ebay (again before it was available separately). I don't use the 18V drill much since I have 2 Ridgid compact 12V for routine work. But it does well with occasional hole saws and auger bits.

[ 02-16-2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: ByteButcher ]

Comment

I work at a tool repair sop that sales and services. the only thing that we sell from ridgid is there piping tools.that is the only thing we are aloud to repair under warranty.we got a box full of there neww 6 inch grinders in for warranty repair and we had to send them to ridgid.(even though we had all the replacement parts for the grinders,all they are are metabos painted orange and black no differance at all)we only sell milw.,dewalt,pc,metabo,in power tools. from what i have worked on milw, is the best.

Comment

Lets get this straight. You mean to tell us that nobody in a manufacturing company will bother with old tools. If anyone needs me to take tools of their hands just email me. [/QB]
                        Paul,

I can only relate what the maintenance superintendent told me. I saw the tools lying there and asked about them. It was not my place to quiz the man as to whether he was telling me the truth. Given my dealings with him through out our time together I certainly have no reason to doubt anything he said to me.

Certainly I have nothing to gain by embellishing what he said, particularly when he went to another brand that I dislike. Never thought I would have to defend my integrity on an annoymous tool forum.
                        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X