Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage Door opener? Why didn't Ridgid think of that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door opener? Why didn't Ridgid think of that?

Wow, never would have thought of this, but I think Ryobi has come up with a very nice tool and a way to make a plain old garage door a whole lot better. Adding the battery backup capability for anyone who already has Ryobi 1+ tools is great too.

Having the Fan, Speaker, 30' extension cord capability are all nice options and a great way to have all those things out of the way!

https://www.ryobitools.com/gdo/
    Last edited by pcastleberg; 04-04-2016, 03:34 PM.

Thanks for the post. Seems like Ryobi put a lot of thought into this product. Strong,quiet, battery backup, all useful. Ridgid has not been in any hurry to offer mainstream tools for their cordless line, so its no surprise here. I do think given the opportunity, the worker's at Ridgid could offer tool for tool and more, problem must be at the top.

Comment

chamberlain has been around a long time. Also has battery backup. I install chamberlain myself .
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool, I've heard of Chamberlain. If the Ryobi unit is well made, durable it offersRyobi owners a one platform battery as used in their cordless tools. Who ever is in charge at Ryobi is in it to sell, sell sell. Wish I could say the same for Ridgid, I am ready and willing to buy more 18 volt tools if Ridgid would only make them.

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Chamberlain makes the Sears/Craftsman openers as well as the LiftMaster brand.
          Overhead Door makes the Genie brand openers.

Most units are installed by Overhead door Cos. They won't be going Ryobi !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

They sure won't be going with Ridgid because Ridgid does not make one. Ryobi owners at least have an option. Overhead door is still a major player in my area, but there is much competition, and many choices, such as Sears. I give Ryobi credit for expanding.

Comment

This is absolutely genius by Ryobi. I just installed a Chamberlain myself, but had I known about this I may have switched platform from Ridgid to Ryobi.

I love my Ridgid tools. After owning my house for 1 year, I've switched from gen4X to gen5X and stayed loyal. However, seeing other brands innovations, I am starting to doubt my decision to stay with Ridgid. I got all these batteries itching to buy tools, but my selections are extremely limited.

Come on Ridgid!!!! Let's do this!!! Oh wait, that's Home Depot.

Comment

Looks like a nice unit, too bad its not available in Canada

Comment

Working...
              X