Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happens When Tool Can't Be Repaired Under LSA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens When Tool Can't Be Repaired Under LSA?

I am curious what Ridgid does when your LSA registered tool can not be repaired? Are you: 1. out of luck, or 2. get a replacement tool.

What about if they don't carry the tool anymore? I love my little compact reciprocating saw (R86447) and am concerned that if it dies Ridgid won't be able to repair it. They may not have any to replace it either.

Oops. Looks like I asked this last year (darned memory). Yet it wasn't really fully answered. The saw has been great for another year. I use it a lot but take care of it as best I can as I want it to last.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/po...nger-has-parts

Comment

Generally speaking you're lucky if LSA registration was complete and information is still in the files but if I had to guess I'd say you would just be out of luck. This is based on the many many posts on this issue and past experience

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 1 View Post
        Generally speaking you're lucky if LSA registration was complete and information is still in the files but if I had to guess I'd say you would just be out of luck. This is based on the many many posts on this issue and past experience
        Humm. I can't recall any instances off hand of anyone telling the Forum that they got nothing from the LSA for a covered tool if that tool was retired tool and it couldn't be fixed.

You say this happened to you Gary or am I misreading your post.

Can you give us details as to what happened?
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

• Gary 1
          Gary 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bob
          There is nothing as specific as what you are talking about. It does say IF I HAD TO GUESS. This is based on the way ridgid has treated customers in the past.....some mine.....some from this forum

I had a metal abrasive saw replaced. I had no idea my model was discontinued. I took kit broken one in for service and when I got the call to come pick it up, there was a brand new model, new in the box. That was my first Ridgid tool and I've been a big fan ever since.

Comment

Working...
        X