New dewalt cordless tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dewalt cordless tools

PLEASE FrankiearmZ DO NOT GO ON THE DEWALT WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THEIR NEW TOOLS! YOU WILL ****!

One word... AWESOME. It's almost like they listen to their customers (or me in this case),
    what a concept. They packed series AND parallel power into one battery. That's it, I'm making
    the move. All my RIDGID tools are on the chopping block. I'll be replacing them as I can with
    DeWalt FlexVolt powered tools.

Frank, don't go, you'll have a heart attack and we can't afford to lose you here on the forum.

Dr. Highbloom at Cooper Medical Center is my cardiologist if you want to get him on standby
    before you go there. The Philadelphia Inquirer did an in-depth story on him a couple years ago.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 06-23-2016, 07:12 PM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

Now that is one very interesting battery platform. I can see a bunch of contractors buying bunches of black and yellow cordless tools in the near future.

Comment

Brilliant! I check Ridgid Facebook everyday, and even though I was blocked from posting, I still look. Yesterday, I noticed that I was unblocked, and asked if there was any word on the tool free , brushless 18volt Jobmax? They responded, no news! Come on, how long does a guy have to wait? I actually like the DeWalt multi tool, nice tool free release. Thing is I like my Ridgid tools, but I guess I'll have to switch platforms or keep being frustrated. Thanks guys.

Comment

Damn...or should I say, Dayum.
          Jack

I've learned a lot from my past experiences.
          I've learned nothing from my passed experiences.

Comment

Remember back when I was suggesting using two 18v batteries in series or parallel to get more power (higher voltage) or more run time (greater capacity). Well DeWalt has taken that idea and made it even better by creating one battery that internally configures its individual cells in a series or parallel arrangement to create a 20v battery with extended run time or a 60v battery to power higher voltage tools. One battery that can service both tool lines.

The only way for RIDGID or somebody else to compete with DeWalt's FlexVolt battery (if RIDGID is true to form and slow to market) would be to do what I had suggested in the past and use two batteries to achieve essentially the same effect, but the tool would determine how the batteries get configured for that particular tool, either series or parallel as needed by that tool. This still lets you power all your tools using one battery style/voltage.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

I remember, it was a good idea Bob. Looks like DeWalt is the way to go, very innovative battery, and a wide range of tools including lawn tools. Whatever prevents Ridgid from offering more tools can only result in lost market share and profit.

Comment

Like I've said before, I like my Ridgid cordless tools and have no problems with them except for the 7 1/4" circular saw- the blade is on the wrong flippin' side unless you are left handed. Most of the ones I use regularly are new enough that I can't see myself replacing them en mass (barring theft or some cataclysmic event) in less than a year and half or two years. BUT, these should be pretty darned attractive to someone who is ready to replace or is starting from scratch.
                There you go Ridgid, you have a timeline...DeWalt has just set the bar really high for everybody else.

EDIT: And yes, I'm quite happy that I spelled "cataclysmic" right on my first try. Spell check is turning me into a horrible speller!
                Last edited by res057; 06-24-2016, 07:14 PM.
                Jack

I've learned a lot from my past experiences.
                I've learned nothing from my passed experiences.

Comment

• cactusman
                  cactusman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HEY! I'm left handed and appreciate a saw that is safe for me to use!.

The original 18v Ridgid saw being left handed is what started my Ridgid tool adventure
                  in 2005!.

Tools that are safe for left handed folks are hard to find!

I even have the Porter Cable corded left handed 7 1/2 circular saw!
                  The newer Ridgid 18v saws are right handed!

Cactus Man

• res057
                  res057 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I might have to go look for a right handed. one. Mine came with a kit and I didn't realize it was a lefty. Makes it kind of difficult for me having to look through the saw at the blade.

Moving on with the DeWalt platform would not only give me the tools I've wanted, it would make buying me a gift real easy for the next several holidays. I like the line trimmer "weed Wacker". No more pulling cords and two cycle mix. I have been using my Ridgid 3ah hyper lithium battery in my current hedge trimmer and that tool has never run so strong, and long. Why, Ridgid, why are you folks in limbo while the rest of the industry is bringing to market all these useful tools???

Comment

• res057
                  res057 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're buying me these as holiday gifts? That is so awesome of you!

(Selective interpretation-A little skill I picked up from the wife. Along with selective memory, hearing, etc.)

Wow, check this out. A 12'' hybrid miter saw from DeWalt.