TS3650 markdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 markdown

Just read a post on Woodnet Forums about the 3650 getting a nationwide markdown at HD. Anybody know anything about this? Also, will that effect the $100 gift card deal?

It wouldn't suprise me. The 12V drill appears to have been permanently lowered from $129 to $119 at my local HD (after I alrady bought one %#!@). If Ridgid is reading these posts, they must realize that the general consensus is that the 3650 is a good value at 20% off.

Comment

I was in HD, and saw it for $547. The MS1290LZ was marked down to $547 as well.

Comment

MS1290LZ for $547????

Seems a little steep.

[img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaslfan:
          MS1290LZ for $547????

Seems a little steep.

[img]redface.gif[/img]
          Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I doubt if you can find a 12" SCMS of equal or better quality for much less than $547. The only negatives on this saw that I recall ever seeing were a portability issue and the laser. The saw is a monster and, IMHO, is better suited for a shop environment than a jobsite. As far as the laser is concerned, well, there is not a single saw that uses this style of laser that can truthfilly boast that the laser line is the cut line.
          I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Bager Dave,

For the record:

My Hitachi Lazer is not only true to the cut line, but it is adjustable.

The ridgid laser is off-set and non-adjustable.

Comment

looseknot,
              I was in HD today and the promotional sign indicated the new price is $547 AND the $100 gift card applies. So that's a no brainer. You are not likely to find a better value in a brand new TS for under $450.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo888:
                Bager Dave,

For the record:

My Hitachi Lazer is not only true to the cut line, but it is adjustable.

The ridgid laser is off-set and non-adjustable.
                Desmo888

For the record:

I didn't say that all lasers weren't true to the cut line. I said that no saw that uses the style of laser that Ridgid uses is true to the cut line. There are a number of saws that utilize the same laser that Ridgid does, Craftsman, Ryobi and ProTec to name just three.
                I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Actually, my MS1290LZ laser is dead on from factory, and I made no adjustments. When I line up the laser with my mark, thats where the edge of the blade kerf goes, I just make sure to line up the laser before pulling it out/down. Perfect cut!

[ 07-23-2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Sawdust Maker ]

Comment

Thanks for the input Bytebutcher. I agree, I dont think you can beat that deal with a stick. I'm in the process of moving my shop to Cape Cod and was going to wait on the TS3650. Cant afford to wait now. Better buy it before they change their mind.

Comment

HD lowered the prices on most of the Rigid/Ryobi stationary and bench tools. Also on the Rigid drills. I'm not sure if is just for the 25th Anniversary or for longer. But the prices are unbeatable now.
                      Jeff

Comment

I have not visited one of the local HD’s for a while, what is this $100 gift card you speak of?

Woodslayer

Comment

Hey Woodslayer,
                          HD is offering gift card rebates with purchases of selected Ridgid power tools. Check out the HD website and click on promotions for a list of eligible power tools for gift card rebates. I'm in the market for a TS3650 which will entitle me to receive a $100 gift card. Not a bad deal. Check it out.

Comment

loosenot

Why must they always have these discounts subsequent to me making my purchases? If you are in the market for a contractor style TS and you can take a 3650 home for $447 as butcher indicated, I would say that is a definite no brainer.

Woodslayer

Comment

It sounds like this puts the Ridgid as the saw-to -have at that price. It is cheaper and has more bells and whistles than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X