X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP0610 4" DUST PORT to SHOP VAC

Before I go ahead and make my own, I was wondering if there is a reducer on the market out there that I could use to connect the dust port on my JP0610 to my Rigid Shop Vac. I tried a Delta reducer but it does not fit. I don't believe that Rigid makes one.

Thanks in advance.

Adapter manufacturers do that on purpose. They require you to buy a 4" to 2 1/2" ID then a 2 1/2OD adapter. Bunch of bunk. They know you don't need a 2 1/2" ID reducer, they just know that you'll have to buy the adapter. Bunch of bunk.

Anyway, I'd make my own since I'd consider using a shop vac to be a short term solution. Keep an eye out for a DC.

Comment

Craftsman's hose-to-hose connector is 2 1/2" OD. Its part number 16917 for $3.99 - no bargain, but easy to find. You can cut them in half to make 2 reducers to save a little. I don't know for sure that they fit Ridgid hoses but Sears will take it back if it doesn't fit.

Comment

I was at HD and saw a Dust collection kit for the Ridgid jointer. I went from 4" to the 2" it's that you need. Also you can ck ridgid site for accerssories. The part # AC8602 Dust Collection kit.

[ 04-19-2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: kraiza ]

Comment

Here is the page Kraiza is referring to ...
          AC8602
          Dust Collection Kit
          Includes hose, over center clamps, and 4" x 2-1/2" reducer. Use with RIDGID JP0600.

ridgid accessories

[ 04-19-2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

Hey everyone.

Thanks soooooooooo much for the replies. This is my first time on this forum and so far it has been great. There is so much info here. I've just started to browse, looks like it may take a while too.

Thanks again.

Comment

kraizia

how effecive is the dust collection kit you spoke of with a shop vac hooked up to it?
              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Since a jointer doesn't put out chips like a planer, I imagine the collection is good, but the Vac would fill quickly.

Comment

Hi Spacebluesonoma,
                  I don't have a 4" to a 2" kit I just saw it at HD and try to help some one out. I have a JP610 Ridgit jointer hook up to my Jet 1200 DC with 6" TO A 4" hose work great. I also have my DC hook up to my 16" jointer a old cresent that works like new. If any body buys a ridgid jointer they got the very best money can by for a 6" jointer. I had zero problem with it right out of the box. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've had my ridgid vac hooked to my jointer and planer for about 2 years lets just say I'm looking to upgrade have'nt decided what yet. jointer puts out lots of chips not much dust but the chips will plug up in the 2" adapter and the planer just puts out way tooo much chips and at certain times of the year they really cling to the plastic (static i guess)

Comment

Working...
                    X