X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable Cordless Items....

Was just at the Porter Cable website looking for a new pad for my Quick Sand Orbital. Seen that they have a line of cordless tools. Didn't know that they were in the market. Don't see them anywhere. Anyone buy any of these? There high voltage items are 19.2V, I wonder if they make the 19.2 line for Craftsman since they share the same V. I would like to know how these perform. I have always been a PC fan.

Corey
    \"If it ain\'t broke, you just aren\'t trying hard enough!\"

Cory--I also have a lot of gray in my shop. I think about the only place I've seen them is when Norm uses one of his.
    Dave

Comment

You may want to hold that thought and see what happens to the tools (parts availability and service) until B & D is finished joining and sorting the product lines. My dewalt service guy told me that up here they are in the process of rewarehousing all the parts and they intend to start doing the PC repairs early 2nd quarter

Comment

Has B&D now bought Porter Cable?

Corey

Comment

Yes Cory---along with Delta and I believe, all the router bits made by Viper, Hicory, etc.

But, I really wouldn't worry about it. B&D has made some good decissions over the years. While their name-brand tools are junky, they own DeWalt, which puts out darned nice tools. I doubt they'd do anything to harm the customer loyality of Delta and PC owners.
          Dave

Comment

I have the 19.2 v PC tool set, except for the router. I have been very happy with their performance. The 19.2 volt hammer drill is noticeably heavier than other available cordless tools in the approx. voltage range. However, it is well balanced and the variable grips allow you to choose the best fit to your hand. Regarding the weight, I think that it would be a bit tiresome for a lot of overhead work. The cordless circ. saw works well as does the recip. saw. The jig saw seems to run down fairly quick (this has been the only neg. point mentioned in a recent review by one of the tool magazines). The jig saw is still an excellent model. List price doesn't mean a thing....shop around! I am from Canada yet I still bought my pieces seperately from Toolking on EBAY. Even with the high shipping charges incl. duty, the pieces were still a lot cheaper to buy out of country, than if I were to have bought them locally in Ontario. In Canada the PC cordless line does not seem to be promoted as much as the Ridgid, Ryobi, Mikwaukee or Dewalt cordless lines. I don't know if the same holds true in the USA.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Wishing you the best with the choice you make [img]smile.gif[/img] !
            Chris
            Chris Berg

Comment

I just scored a 19.2V Cordless Porter Cable Router a few weeks ago and this thing rocks. The battery power seems to last a long time. It's a great router. I build custom drums for a living and the router is my main tool of use in my shop. If the rest of their tools run like the router, they are some great tools.

Comment

Dang, the tool world is being bought up and will soon be owned by two or three companies..LOL. Hadn't heard this news at all. First thing I would do if I was B & D would be $htcan the Delta cordless line. Make them stick to great shop tools like my 16in Scroll Saw and Band Saw and the other Delta greats.
                With Porter Cable... I hope they leave them alone!

Corey

Comment

Working...
                X