X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV sale

Just left the local HD and they didn't have any of these left. Then they tell me that none of the HD's as far away as Ohio (I'm in mid-Michigan) have any either. So I ask if I can pay for one now at the sales price and pick it up when they come in. They tell me no, as they are not even sure if they will get any more until April.

This really sucks. I've read other posts on here and other forums where HD's didn't have any left, but people were allowed to pay now. What's going on? I assume there is nothing I can do, but does anyone have any suggestions? The way they treated me really makes me want to pack up my 3650 and every other tool I've bought there in the last 90 days and shove them back down their throats. It's no wonder that the local Lowes always has 3 times as many cars in the parking lot on any given day.

Oops, didn't mean to post this 3 times. I thought my computer was locking up whenever I hit the add topic button. I would delete the extras, but it seems that only moderators can do that. Sorry.

Comment

I'll bet that if you go back there and tell them that if they don't want those other tools returned they'll be more than happy to let you pay now and pickup later.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Whats a MSUV?

Comment

Oh the mitersaw stand. I passed on the Ridgid and picked up the Dewalt stand last week for my Dewalt slider. Much nicer stand IMO.

Comment

I'm going back today to lay down the law.
            It's quite posable that the local HD will have a few used tools for sale after this weekend. lol

And yes, I've checked out he DW stand too, but for a hundred less and better mobility, I'd rather have the Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbin1:
              Oh the mitersaw stand. I passed on the Ridgid and picked up the Dewalt stand last week for my Dewalt slider. Much nicer stand IMO.
              I guess if you want to carry it, pay twice the price and not be able to move it around easily with the saw still attached you have a point.

From my vantage, the Ridgid stand is better even at the same price as the Dewalt.

Comment

As rofl said: "From my vantage, the Ridgid stand is better even at the same price as the Dewalt."

I looked hard at the DW stand for some time. I've had my DW-708 for a couple years now and have been wanting a mobile stand for it.

Once I saw the Ridgid MS-UV I knew that was the one to have, forget the price. Sometimes utilty is worth a couple extra bucks. I got my MS-UV last fall, there was no sale then, paid full price and am not sorry one bit. Given the choice between the two and any other which retails for less than $400, I would take the Ridgid MS-UV any day.

I am not a die-hard Ridgid fan, my shop is not full of orange and black tools. I buy based on individual tool quality, company reputation, how well they stand behind their products, as well as what my friends in the trades have to say about their experiences with various tools and tool reviews online (that includes this forum) and in various magazines. Also, working in the trades I get the chance to use many different brands and models of various power tools.

Comment

I guess if you want to carry it, pay twice the price and not be able to move it around easily with the saw still attached you have a point.

From my vantage, the Ridgid stand is better even at the same price as the Dewalt.
                  How far out does the Ridgid extend? Is it 8 ft total or 8 feet on each side? The Dewalt extends to 16ft and can handle up to 400lbs (Ridgid 200lbs). The Dewalt is better built in every way even if it dont have wheels. The Ridgid is not even as close to heavy duty as the Dewalt. It may be fine for some people but for me it just wont do. There is also a $25 gift card by mail with the stand until the end of the month. Whats with the legs that you have to drop down and adjust on each end? Seems like a pain that you have to adjust it everytime you move it on a non level surface. Now Im not knocking all of Ridgid tools because I own the 18v 4pc combo kit and a 2400 TS and LOVE them both (even the bag) They should however list all there tools and accesories on there website

Dwayne

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbin1:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I guess if you want to carry it, pay twice the price and not be able to move it around easily with the saw still attached you have a point.

How far out does the Ridgid extend? Is it 8 ft total or 8 feet on each side? The Dewalt extends to 16ft and can handle up to 400lbs (Ridgid 200lbs). The Dewalt is better built in every way even if it dont have wheels. The Ridgid is not even as close to heavy duty as the Dewalt. It may be fine for some people but for me it just wont do. There is also a $25 gift card by mail with the stand until the end of the month. Whats with the legs that you have to drop down and adjust on each end? Seems like a pain that you have to adjust it everytime you move it on a non level surface. Now Im not knocking all of Ridgid tools because I own the 18v 4pc combo kit and a 2400 TS and LOVE them both (even the bag) They should however list all there tools and accesories on there website

Dwayne
                    </font>[/QUOTE]How many 350 lb boards are you cutting?
                    Adjusting the length of the legs is an incredibly small trade off for having to actually carry the whole setup to a new location. They adjust in about 3 seconds each.

The roller ends make stock shifting easier.

The overall length issue isn't a problem very often and is EASILY handled.

Comment

Well you keep the flimsy Ridgid and I'll keep the sturdy Dewalt and we will both be happy.

Comment

I guess I'll have to avoid cutting those 200 lb + boards that you apparently use in your work.

And I can use that extra $100 that I saved and buy more wood (the light stuff, like oak and ash)

Comment

Hmm when did I ever say that I cut boards the heavy? I was just stating the fact that the Dewalt is better built and alot more heavy duty then the Ridgid and since I dont need the stand all the time then it dont bother me at all that it dont have wheels. Oh and the hundred dollers more means nothing to me. Why does it bother you so much that I like the Dewalt better?

Comment

You can like what you want. But calling the ridgid "light duty" is ignorant. Bagging on the supports is lame. Not giving credit to the positives is shameful.

Other than mentioning the Dewalt didn't have wheels, I didn't feel the need to search for miniscule issues to make myself feel superior. And there are other things that could be mentioned.

Any other questions?

Comment

Working...
                            X