X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are there Service Centers???

I can't find anywhere on the ridgid.com website how to find a service center. I would like to know where I could fix my tools if I decide to by them. All of the other "professional" power tool manufacturers have an easy link to search for a service center. Am I to assume that Ridgid isn't set up yet or is Home Depot my service center???

For the heck of it, I check that site out. Listed the nearest service center as an appliance and vac service center. No fax. Called them 100 times, left a message most of those calls. Never returned my call.

This place is a highly acceptable professional representative of Ridgid...NOT!

So I guess I have to drag my machines to the next closest service center....200 miles from home. Just keeps getting better. They also don't have a FAX number available.

I remember when Ridgid cared about service after the sale!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I did a search for the state of WI. At first glance it appears we have 10 Service Centers to choose from. On closer inspection however that is not the case. Each Service Center is listed twice, so, we have 5 not 10 and not one is less than a 1½ hour drive from where I live. It's not like I live in the boonies either, Madison is the State Capital. I'm also just assuming that they all work on woodworking tools and not just plumbing tools.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just thought I'd add that HD can be your service center. If you have any sort of a problem with your Ridgid tool just bring it back to home depot (with a copy of your receipt) and exchange your old tool out for a new one. I have done it on more that one occasion. Not all with Ridgid. If you give them their old tool, they will send it back to the Ridgid company themselves to get it fixed. The company may then send it back to them...depending on the problem. This is why you might see a "reconditioned" model of a Ridgid tool out on the floor for a discounted price. So watch for those good deals. The best part is if that reconditioned model were to break down for some reason, all you have to do is bring it back to HD and get a new one again! I love this system!
        You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

they are probally going to wait it out to see howw these tools hold up for contractos. as of now we are only a warranty for the threading and plumbing tool which are the best. so they will just swap out the tool for the homeowner. it remains to be seen if they will hold up as good as milw. metabo, dewalt and bosch these are the brands i see most.

Comment

Originally posted by measure once...cut twice:
            I just thought I'd add that HD can be your service center. If you have any sort of a problem with your Ridgid tool just bring it back to home depot (with a copy of your receipt) and exchange your old tool out for a new one. I have done it on more that one occasion. Not all with Ridgid. If you give them their old tool, they will send it back to the Ridgid company themselves to get it fixed. The company may then send it back to them...depending on the problem. This is why you might see a "reconditioned" model of a Ridgid tool out on the floor for a discounted price. So watch for those good deals. The best part is if that reconditioned model were to break down for some reason, all you have to do is bring it back to HD and get a new one again! I love this system!
            Part of that depends on how far your store is willing to go to "do the right thing." Official policy is 30 days from purchase for that kind of direct credit; beyond that, it's up to the individual Department Supervisor/ASM to decide whether or not to hook you up. From a strictly financial standpoint, the Reconditioned Merchandise program is a real money-loser for HD - the reduced price erases any potential for profit, and shipping costs aren't repaid enywhere either.

Also, when returning reconditioned merchandise, you're only going to get credit for the price you paid for the recon - you'll be responsible for the additional cost of a brand-new tool.

Comment

Thanks for the link, grey44ghost. For comparison, I checked out some other tool manufacturers service center lists for Michigan. DEWALT had 10 listed for the Detroit area alone within 100 miles. http://www.dewalt.com/us/service/ Ridgid: 1 in the Detroit area. That is very interesting. Especially when you see that two of the 10 are Factory Owned. I called one to see what that meant. They may be giving me some marketing info but essentially they stock 1000s of parts - even most of the common parts of competitor tools like Milwaukee, Makita, etc. That impresses me. Even if Ridgid has a "lifetime" warranty, how is it executed?

Comment

Orange Sherbet...Soft, Sweet, and doesn't last long. Indication? Time will tell.

Yellow...Bitter, Hard, and usually lasts a long time. It has history.

Push ups vs lemon drops

[ 11-19-2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
                John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Hey Woody,

Orange Sherbet is sweet. Get it, SWEET.

RIDGID MAN #1
                  "Just ask the pros who swear by 'em"

Comment

You can slap a Porsche logo on a Yugo!!

I knew a couple "pros who swore by them" and they are out of business now!! The only affilliation the second rate RIDGID powertools have to the plumbing tools is the name. The Powertools are owned by TTI (Tech-Tronic Industries)out of Hong Kong China!!! They also own Milwaukee and Ryobi. TTI paid RIDGID a ton a cash to license the name, that's it!! The fact is RIDGID cordless tools do not hold a candle to DeWALT, Porter Cable or Makita!! IF you want to get them fixed..expect to wait 4-6 weeks to get your tool back. RIDGID man...you should ask me before you post any more silly comments!!

Comment

There are about 4 service centers in Utah and i had to take my drill in once in the last 5 months. The chuck was replaced in five minutes. I'd say that's a good example of what a service center should be!!!
                      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

There are about 4 service centers in Utah and i had to take my drill in once in the last 5 months. The chuck was replaced in five minutes. I'd say that's a good example of what a service center should be!!! I called a few times just to find out when they would have more of the parts and then took it in after work and had it going again the next day!
                        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Ongoing Improvement

While I enjoy observing the discussion from the group, I thought I'd weigh in on this issue.

Fortunately, I get plenty of positive feedback (like Polar Sparky's) regarding after sale service. However, there is room for improvement. We are constantly evaluating the network and distribution system. In some of the above examples, the number of locations and turnaround times are not acceptable.

Unfortunately, this is not an overnight fix. Though it is an issue that will be resolved. Keep the faith, Woody.

Comment

PROBRAND,the company i work for is an authorized warranty center for ridgid threading and draincleaning eq. and everything that pertains to them.i attended a 5 day warranty course to acheive this. we are a warranty center for(milw,dewalt,metabo,bosch,makita,portercable,fi en,hilti,enerpac and so on)we are not a warranty center for the ridgid (TTI) woodworking power tools.i never could understand that? would you know the answer to that. thanks jon.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand
                              Fortunately, I get plenty of positive feedback (like Polar Sparky's) regarding after sale service. However, there is room for improvement. We are constantly evaluating the network and distribution system. In some of the above examples, the number of locations and turnaround times are not acceptable.

Unfortunately, this is not an overnight fix. Though it is an issue that will be resolved. Keep the faith, Woody.
                              My response to this thread up towards the top of the page is dated 11/11/03! I'm well aware that it takes time to research and find a qualified repair shop but cmon, 26 months later and nothings changed. In my market areas case at least, the number of locations and turnaround times have not been acceptable long before my post of 26 months ago. Promises, promises, how about some results?
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X