New tool confusion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool confusion?

I'm way confused? Which is the real sander?

I don't know. Your Photoshop skills are quite good.

The only cordless belt sander on the HD website I see is the Ryobi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryobi P450 Sander.png
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	713865
    Last edited by Bob D.; 01-07-2017, 05:26 AM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The End of an Error

Comment

Go to the Canadian home depot site.

I was put off by the change in design myself. I like the first photo that came out (second picture). I'll still buy the one on the left though. If one was photoshopped, it's the one on the right.
      Last edited by rofl; 01-07-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• pesciwasp
        pesciwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        No photoshop guys, the right is from Canada depot, right is review on tool websit, just iPad dual screen!

Well, here's a YT video of it. I guess that's proof enough for me to say it exists.

Last edited by Bob D.; 01-08-2017, 07:26 AM.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The End of an Error

Comment

Is The one from Canada (can't find it anymore) the 3" or 4" wide belt? I can't imagine they brought two 3" sanders to the table at the same time...

Comment

Here's the link for the Canada HD. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1..._POSTAL_CODE__ The sku on this one is the same as the one in the black friday ad.

Comment

It is odd, that there are products that Ridgid has "released" yet appear nowhere. This is indeed the same sander than was featured in the Depot's Black Friday sale, yet no store ever received one, and according to the system, it is still categorized as being under development.

I know many here have constantly complained about how these tools are stocked, marketed, displayed etc., yet this seems to be an absolute example of what not to do in marketing. Advertise a product in a national flyer as a limited time promotion, then, have no stock available, yet continue to post it on the website but have nowhere where you can actually purchase said item.

All that being said, at least this year there were some products that actually made it to Canada this year, 12V palm screwdriver impactor; wobble light; light cannon; folding light; tripod, but no new actual tools.

It would be interesting to see this item finally being released, how it performs, however, I have yet to see the 5 AH batteries anywhere here. The biggest I have seen and have been able to get at the 3 AH which are pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
            X