Good deal on TS2424 table saw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on TS2424 table saw?

i have the opportunity to buy a TS2424 table saw that has some motor issues for $100. The table is in good shape but the person selling it says that it won't start. I am pretty good at fixing things that don't work but I just wasn't sure if this was a good deal or not. Just looking for some other opinions. Thanks.

I picked up the same table for $175 years ago, and its great! Worst case scenario, price a motor. By pass the switch to try and get the motor to start, first spin it by hand to see if its seized up. Let us know, good luck

Comment

If it's just a capacitor issue then that would be a fairly inexpensive fix. $100 is a fairly good price so if you can get it running for not a whole lot of $$$ then I'd grab it before someone else does.
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

If all the piece parts are there and the fence and other parts of the saw are in good condition
        I wouldn't even worry about the motor I'd grab it if I was in the market for a TS. For another
        $100 or so you can get a good motor and with some TLC you will have a very good Table Saw.

But replacing a missing blade guard (if you don't use them I guess it doesn't matter) or misbehaving
        fence then finding parts could be a problem. Did the Herc-u-lift come standard lie it did on the TS-3650?
        If it has the Herc-u-lift that's a big plus if you need to move the saw.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Working...
        X