X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid and HD Not In Sync

BrandMan, I went to my local HD today with the intention of buying one of your X2 cordless drills. I also found myself eyeing your new 6 inch orbital sander. It weighs a ton but should be a horse in quick material removal and would compliment my PC333VS. I decided I wanted both the drill and the orbital sander. I then went to the sandpaper section to stock up on 6 inch discs of different grits. Lo and behold, I discovered HD does not sell 6 inch hook and loop discs through they do sell a small selection of 6 inch adhesive discs. I checked another HD in my area and got the same results with the manager telling me he knows of no plans to stock 6 inch discs to fit the Ridgid sander. Same thing at my local Lowes in terms of carrying 6 inch hook and loop. Is Ridgid attempting to sell this tool through a retailer that does not even carry the basics for it to work or do I have the bad luck to have some poorly stocked HD stores in my area?

HD can and is suppossed to sell 6" discs, under the Norton brand that are hook and loop. Most stores don't have it in stock because they have never had a reason to in the past. Yes, someone dropped the ball !

If you want, ill try to get you SKU numbers over the next couple days.

Comment

Save yourself some time and money and look into buying your paper needs over the net once a year.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Speaking of being "out of sync", I am going to have to collect some material off this site and take it to my local HD Huntsville, Alabama to convince them that Ryobi didn't buy out Ridgid.

Comment

Teaching the proverbial pig to sing, eh?

I'll let 'em believe anything they want, for another 10% off!

Comment

George -
            Sorry to tell you buddy, but Ryobi, more accuratly TTI, DOES now own Ridgid. They are the same company. "Ridgid" tools are being made by other manufacturers - Ryobi, Metabo. This is a Home Depot exclusive brand.

Comment

WOW - ToughToolGuy you are a bit off the mark. TTi does not own RIDGID. RIDGID is the property of Emerson (NYSE: EMR). Has been, always will be. The brand has more than 3,500 products in its line up sold in more than 3,000 distribution houses across North America alone. What you see in Home Depot is only a small portion of what this brand is about.

Comment

speaking about Home Depot and Ridgid being out of sync. I know That the home depot may not have all of the items that you may need but like stated before. These products are so new that they just dont have this stuff in their stores yet. YOu can order it if you wish. I'm sure that they will get the 6" disks in their stores sooner or later. Being that Home Depot is 1600 stores strong, I find it amazing that they were even able to roll all this ridgid stuff out at the rate that they did.
                You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

Brandman,
                  I think the folks(at least most of us) here are not interested in the plumbing tools from ridgid, which are supposedly available at many places. The power tools that apply to woodworking may technically be available from other sellers besides HD, but I have never seen them outside of HD. I would like to see them at Lowes and even Sears. The smaller tool sellers in my area are generally terrible in price and customer service and I avoid them when I can. HD has its' problems, but it is gold next to anything else in my area.
                  I wanted a plumbing tool that ridgid makes, called ridgid to find a local seller. I called that seller and they did not want to deal with me unless I set up an account with them, this is a pain in the rear. Ridgid needs to sell their power tools anywhere that dewalt,milwaukee, makita and the like sells there
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by mr man:
                    HD can and is suppossed to sell 6" discs, under the Norton brand that are hook and loop. Most stores don't have it in stock because they have never had a reason to in the past. Yes, someone dropped the ball !

If you want, ill try to get you SKU numbers over the next couple days.
                    You're almost precisely right there, mr man. In my case, I got the necessary pads almost simultaneously with the arrival of the sanders. They were a host push, so I hadn't even asked for them. Very likely, the store in question got them too in the same fashion.

What I didn't have, at the time, was any space in which to merchandise them. I'll bet that other store was in the same boat, and someone on spy shift threw the pads into topstock without mentioning it to anyone. Me, I'll leave my Tool Corral looking cluttered before I'll see new stock left to languish in topstock.

Comment

Brandman can you clear something up for me. I was under the impression from talking to TTi reps, HD employees that Yes emerson does own Ridgid but they sold the rights of the Ridgid name to either TTi or Ryobi so that they could manufactor the orange power tools you see today. Is that correct?

Comment

OK - Here is the straight scoop.... EMERSON has not sold the brand off to TTi. Check the packaging.. RIDGID is the registered trademark of RIDIGD, Inc. (owned by Emerson) and used by OWT under license. Just like seeing Eddie Bauer on a Ford Explorer. TTi manufacturers the products and the tools are jointly distributed by Home Depot and Ridge Tool. If you are looking for all the details, check out the news section of www.ridgid.com and look at the press releases. The relationship is all clearly detailed there.

Comment

Here's a direct link to the article that Brandman is (I think) referring to:Emerson Professional Tools & One World Technologies to Partner on RIDGID Power Tool Line.

Comment

Working...
                          X