X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Rapid Charger

I just purchased 3 pc. 18v combo kit to replace my Dewalt 14.4v drill. Looks like they are nice units, but time will tell. I paid $249 on HD website. Not a bad price!! There is one thing I don't like so far. When the batteries are done charging the fan keeps running until the batt. are removed, that can be days since I dont use it every day. Am I the only one that thinks that is bad design. If the charger knows the battery temp. it should know to turn off after the charge. Maybe I'm just too picky.

It is just cheaper to have a swith to turn on the fan when a battery is put on. plug your charger in and gently with your finger push down on whatever part slids to open the grill. If they had a timer and other "high tech" features then there would be more that could go wrong with the chager.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

You're right in my not-so-humble opinion. There should be an automatic shut off for us part-timers. Till then, I'll have to install a timer switch.

Comment

Why not just get a appliance timer from target for a low price. Set it for an hour and leave it?
        That gives your batteries cool down and recharge time. if i knew more aobut electronics i'd do something to the charger itself.
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
        X