X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift Assembly

Lately, there seems to be an awful lot of people that are having difficulties mounting the Herc-U-Lift mobile base to the 3650. Does anyone know if the assembly method was changed from the 3612 and the 2424? Maybe its selective memory but prior to the release of the 3650 the only comments I can recall hearing about the Herc-U-Lift was what a great mobile base it was.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

I didn't have any trouble installing mine except for crawling around on the floor. [img]smile.gif[/img] It has worked great ever since.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Dave,

It's not difficult from a techinical standpoint, but the directions are not crystal clear like they are for almost every other portion of the assembly. The problem I had was that I was unsure of whether or not to tighten the bolts in the middle of the lift. The instructions say to hand tighten, but do not say to wrench tighten later in the instructions. I know you have to leave the bolts that connect to the saw as loose as possible. It would really help if they were about 1/2" longer!! Once I tightend the bolts in the middle completely it worked great!

Comment

The confusing thing is that you have these bolts, nuts and washers and you expect to have to tighten them and actually that's the exact opposite of what you should do.

It would be much better if Ridgid shipped something other than bolts for this.

Comment

I have a 3650. Mine works great, just have put something together a little different than we normally do.
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X