X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Receipt

Went to Kinko's copy store to have my receipt laminated for the life time warranty. They said
    it was heat sensitive and would turn black. So
    had a copy made and had it laminated. (The guy cut part of the HD receipt off and ran it through
    the laminater and it did turn black)

I thought about that as well, due to the fact that these types of receipts print rarely makes it over a year and then fades away. If the "original" receipt, as opposed to a copy of the original, is indeed required, we won't even have a three year warranty, much less a lifetime one.

Comment

Maybe we can get a reply from Ridgid on this?

[ 11-11-2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: DonHof ]

Comment

i scanned my receipt to my computer
        and then burned a copy to cd

Comment

I wouldn't sweat the receipt thing.

Assume you get a new replacement tool in 3 years. Two points to consider :

1. Will the replacement tool have a lifetime warranty or is that the end of the road? (not bought/replaced between Sep-Dec 2003). I would guess this is a one replacement warranty.

2. Does anybody REALLY believe that the drill I just bought now (I'm 35 years old) will still be under warranty when I retire in 30 YEARS? Even if Ridgid/HD is still around, I don't think so...

Since no reasonable person could expect point 2 to hold true, it would be nice if Ridgid was a little more clear on the warranty.

Comment

Yes I do expect If Ridgid is around in 50 years they will replace the cordless drill my 7yr old just bought and I also believe Ridgid plans on doing it that way. It is also my understanding it is NOT a 1 time replacement policy. That is also why its for a short time. The marketing budget is taking the warrenty cost hit but hopefully lots of customer who like the tools cause thats the most effective advertising you can do.

Comment

Working...
            X