Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Should Have Had This Warranty...

If Ridgid wanted the marketing hype, it should have a set term like 5 years, 7 years, etc. The current warranty is too loosely worded.

Lifetime of tool? How is THAT defined?

Does anybody REALLY believe that the drill I just bought now (I'm 35 years old) will still be under warranty when I retire in 30 YEARS? Even if Ridgid/HD is still around, I don't think so... Since no reasonable person could expect this to hold true, it would be nice if Ridgid was a little more clear on the warranty.

Yes Virginia, there's always an "out-clause" with these things, and the "Tool Lifetime" is it. After all, the "Tool Lifetime" is a moving target, 5 years or 7 years, etc, is not.

Originally posted by BH626Pro:
    Lifetime of tool? How is THAT defined?
    Thats a really good question. I have a Milwaukee ½" Hole Shooter that I purchased in 1975. It works as good today as the day I bought it. So, the lifetime of that drill is 28 years and still counting.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee 3/4" D-handle drill given to me by a friends father, it must be 40 or more years old. I use it for mixing thinset and tile grout, and it still works great.

Comment

No amount of explicit verbiage in the guarantee is going to satisfy you if you just don't trust the company to do right. OTOH, the guarantee language isn't relevant if the company wishes to keep its' customers happy whatever the cost.

So the question is, does Ridgid intend to keep their customers happy, or not? Complaining here won't change that, and only time will tell. In the meantime, threads like this are, IMO, a waste of bandwidth.

Comment

Those red power tools do last a long time! Go to any work site, if it has a cord coming out of it, good chance it is a red tool.

Comment

Working...
          X