X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID battery promotion

Went to HD to purchase a new cordless drill for hurricane repairs. The associate convinced me to buy a very nice RIDGID R83001, 14.4V model, as opposed to the similar DeWalt ($20 more). The final convincing was the coupon that the associate produced from a tablet that provided a free extra battery or flashlight (about $42), a good deal. The problem arose when I got home and filled out the form. The fine print on the lower backside, that required glasses to read said that the coupon had to be postmarked by 9/22/04. My purchase was made on 10/1/04. I feel the associate and department manager should have been aware of this, and not misrepresented the promotion. I feel I was taken advantage of and ripped off. This isn't a RIDGID problem, but at HD problem. Be careful, shoppers, the fine print can sour any good feelings you have about a new tool purchase.

That sucks. I'd be pissed too. I bet if you complain to the store mgr. you'll at least get an in store credit for a future purchase. They should have removed the promo material when it expired. Definately a store issue.

Comment

I know its no consolation to you but this isn't the first time HD has pulled this kind of crap. My guess is it won't be the last either.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X