Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple questions

"Limited Lifetime Service Warranty"

1) what does "Lifetime" mean?
    (if you don't tell me when the "Lifetime" ends, you have not answered my question)

2) What does "Service" mean?
    (if a motor burns out on a cordless drill before the end of "Lifetime", is this covered?)

Please do not refer me to some documentation.
    Please do not answer me "privately".
    Please do not evade the answers by responding with a lot of words that do not answer the question.
    gil

As I understand it, the current Lifetime warranty means your lifetime. I.E. you can wear it out and it is still covered.

Service means what it is. If the motor burns out, you get a new motor. If the tool can not be repaired, you get a new tool, however, since it is a service warranty, it will be serviced/I.E. fixed if at all possible.

Comment

mr man,
      Do you work for Ridgid? If so, I can print this thread out and use it in the future. If not, then it looks like they are avoiding the issue.
      gil

Comment

Do a Search on mr man's posts. He has already identified where he works and its been since you joined the forum.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Lifetime - the lifetime of ridgid, the receipt, or the federal or state law that deals with the definition of such warranty issues, whichever is shortest.
          Service - What happens to you if you lose the receipt and the customer service person doesn't believe when you bought it before a certain date. For example: I lost the receipt, boy am I serviced.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

gil - san diego, I get the idea you expect an official RIGID spokes person to answer your questions. Doubt that you will get one on this forum.

RIGID has pretty much said that this forum is for us to converse back and forth on about topics related to the use of the products they sell. They pretty much let us talk about anything we want to with in reason. I can recommend you using someone elses tools, and they let me. But, they don't monitor the boards for questions directed towards RIGID.

SO, you'd be better off sending them an e-mail.
            Support Our Troops!
            www.mnpatriotguard.org
            www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Originally posted by K.M. Delano:
              gil - san diego, I get the idea you expect an official RIGID spokes person to answer your questions. Doubt that you will get one on this forum.

RIGID has pretty much said that this forum is for us to converse back and forth on about topics related to the use of the products they sell. They pretty much let us talk about anything we want to with in reason. I can recommend you using someone elses tools, and they let me. But, they don't monitor the boards for questions directed towards RIGID.

SO, you'd be better off sending them an e-mail.
              Which is why I actually enjoy this site as much as I do - my shop is very Lite on orange at that.
              You must head my way to do the fishin' K.C. - ice choppin' too or just clear water?
              Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

No hard water fishing on my end! The winter is shop time. I hit the water in April or so and quit in the fall!
                Support Our Troops!
                www.mnpatriotguard.org
                www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Here is a link to the Rigid website and their official definition.

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/Lifeti...ceWarranty.pdf
                  Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

Working...
                  X