Circular Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Saw

Has anyone used the R3200 CS yet? I am looking at buying a new CS and was leaning towards the Milwaukee.

Dwayne

Ahh never mind. After seeing that the Ridgid is a hefty 12lbs and that the bolt for the blade is a allen head, I will stick with the Milwaukee. I did pick the Ridgid combo set over the Milwaukee so I don't feel too bad [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dwayne

Comment

That Milwaukee CS with the Tilt-Lok handle is a great tool. I've had one a few years now and never had a complaint.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I have the Mil. tilt lock saw as well. Very powerful unit. Well balanced and a joy to use.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

The Milwaukee is a good saw if you change the depth setting often. If you don't, it really isn't that great. I know a ton of framers and weight is HUGE to them. The Milwaukee is over 10 lbs, Ridgid is like 12 lbs, but the DEWALT is under 10 lbs! Most of them starting switching to the DEWALT. They also told me that DEWALT has a bevel capacity of 56 degrees with stops at 45 and 22.5 which helps them with quick cuts. I may keep my Milwaukee but switch to DEWALT soon. The Ridgid looks good but can be a good boat anchor!

Comment

A dare:

Take a bunk of wet treated plywood, thickness of your choice. Cut the bands, set the rip fence to 5-1/2 inches, put what ever blade you want on the saw, and push for all it's worth. I can't stall my milwaukee! Co worker has a DeWalt...it smoked trying to keep up. Another trade had a Makita, it didn't smoke, but couldn't keep up with the Milwaukee. I wish someone would have had a Porter Cable to run against.
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I bought a 3200 circular saw about I month ago,I haven't given the saw any heavy use,but I have made some cuts with some scrap wood. Ihe saw has operated flawlessly.
              A couple days ago I bought a Milwaukee 6390,because everybody had raved about it,with the intention of returning the Ridgid. I decided to test them side by side. The winner was the Ridgid 3200. The Milwaukee had plastic levers and the craftsmanship was clearly superior on the ridgid.
              One of the reasons I had doubts about the Ridgid saw is that there no reviews available on the Ridgid power tools since they are so new. The Ridgid webpage states only that the saw has a heavy duty motor,and no information about the gearing. I wrote to ridgid,and they said that the saw has a ball bearing motor.(My 35 dollar Skil also has a ball bearing motor) Ridgid must include more detail about its products if they want to sell their products to knowledgable consumers.
              I believe that is you don't know what is inside you should examine the outside. My saw appears to
              be beautifully constructed,and the motor has a good strong sound. The Ridgid clearly outperformed the Milwaukee in my tests(light duty) and today the Milwaukee was returned.
              I believe I have one of the better 7 1/4 saws.

Complaints:
              1.Lack of product information
              2.Sharp edges on base corners
              3.Relativly shallow cut (Only 2 1/4 at 90 deg)

Comment

the milw. ways 10.4 and the dewalt ways 9.5. every time a dewalt comes in for repair(well lets say about 80 percent of the time)there burnt up. so keep your milw. and for the price buy the ridgid.

Comment

I needed a decent circ saw for use on 3/4" ply for furniture making. I wanted the RIDGID, but my local HD had a RUN on RIDGID stuff the week I went to buy the saw, so I went with the Milwaukee Tilt-Lok and haven't looked back. They didn't have any RIDGID circ saws in stock at the time.

You can't go wrong with the Milwaukee.

Comment

Working...
                  X