TP13000 Problem and Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP13000 Problem and Question

The other day, my old TP13000 broke down. The sproket gear off the blade roller broke in half. So far, I've been able to get a new part and install it back on the gear, but - now here is the problem and question. When turning the sprocket, I hex shaft fell out of the gear box - or around it - and this shaft isn't listed in the book anywhere. It is approx. 2" long and 1/4" wide. Sort of like the hex key on the side panel but I have looked and my key is still on the inside panel. My machine has been performing great for the last 4 years and now I am trying to figure out what this hex gear is for. Should I just reassemble the sprocket and hope for the best or does this key engage the locking mechanism or something.

I can't take it anywhere to get it fixed. Atlanta would be the closest place and it is over 2 hours away.

Any suggestions. I want to fix this myself and know that as a woodworker, if something breaks, I can fix it, but since this piece is not listed anywhere, I would prefer some heads up.

Many, many thanks.
    Any
Working...
X