6 inch Random Orbit Sanders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 inch Random Orbit Sanders

I have decided to move up to a 6” ROS and am soliciting opinions on the following three that have made my short list: Bosch 3727, Makita BO6030 and Ridgid R2610. Any opinions or experience with these would be appreciated or on any others that I may have overlooked in the $150 price range.

Thanks

Woodslayer

Although, i'm not a big Ridgid fan I do own their 6 inch sander, which I believe is made by Metabo. It works great. It has variable speed and I have never been able bog it down. It's probably more than I even need but thats why I love it. The dust collection is about the same as any other sander but it comes with a vac port adapter that I hooked up to my shop vac. It works really good with that. The only problem I have found with any 6 inch sander is paper availability. Home Depot and Lowes does not carry it all of the time or it is hard to find different grits, so I usually just order them online. I really enjoy the Ridgid.

Comment

I like mine. Dust collection with a shop vac is about 99%. It is quiet and relatively vibration free. Long power cord is great. No problem getting sandpaper online.
      The only negative is changing the orbit from fine sanding to agressive sanding. It is simply a pain in the rear. Better(and much more expensive) dual orbit sanders are easy to change.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I just picked up the R2610 this weekend. This is my first ROS and I find myself wondering how I've gotten along without one. I am very pleased with every aspect about this tool. I runs quiet and smooth and hooks up to my DC easily. I'm not sure about how big of a hassle it is to change the orbit pattern because I've never owned any others but I'm likein' it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        I also stocked up on various grits of paper while at HD.

Comment

The 2610 has lots of power and is balanced nicely. When I first picked up the 2610 my thoughts were that the damn thing was way too heavy but then again how often do you sand on a verticle. The 2610 is easily used with 1 hand as the tools weight is the perfect pressure for sanding. Another neat feature is the dual orbits. You can set the machine for a 1/4" orbit for fast material removal and then set it to 1/8" orbit for fine finish sanding. Put a glass finish on cherry in about 1/5th the time it took with my sears 4.5" orbital (ryobi clone).

Comment

Working...
          X