Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty: 6 months & 6 days

Guys,

I had posted to this forum over the past 6 months. Basically, I bought the 4-piece cordless Ridgid tool set from Home Depot at the end of '03 to get the "lifetime" warranty. Well, in July the drill motor died & I took it to the local Ridgid-approved service center.

Dropoff date: July 20, 2004. Pickup date: January 26, 2005.

It took over 2 months to get the first replacement motor, but it was defective. Second replacement motor came in December. Chuck wouldn't come off the old motor, so that had to be re-ordered. I called earlier this week, & found out that a plastic piece in the back of the housing was still on back-order. BUT, just a few minutes later they called me back & said that somehow they had another reconditioned drill of the same model number that I could have if I wanted.

So, I finally have a drill again after 6 months & 6 days. Technically, my drill still hasn't been repaired, but I'll skip that detail. I had said in my previous posts that I would update the forum when things were finally resolved, so here we are. I had asked repeatedly if they would just replace the drill, or if the parts could be expedited. I even talked with supervisors at the Ridgid support number.

I have a new understanding of what the 'lifetime' warranty means. If you have them repair something, expect to wait a lifetime for them to provide the parts needed. The local service shop did basically everything right, it was Ridgid that dragged their feet.

I still like my Ridgid tools, but heed the warnings and don't hold your breath waiting for them!

-tony

Guys,

I spoke too soon. The replacement drill had just a bit of a wobble to it, so I took it back in. They had tossed my old drill housing & used the motor to fix another customer's drill.

So, I'm back to the drawing board. Waiting over 6 months for a repair to their 'lifetime' warranty. Ridgid has a real problem here and doesn't seem to care. I figure I've got another 30-50 years to continue waiting... before the 'lifetime warranty' expires!

Frustrating...

-tony

Comment

Well----I can still remember saying that the lifetime warranty doesn't mean much, if a) your tool needs repair---why----as you've found, waiting forever has it's price and b) it's only as good as the customer service dept. backing it up. Someone did some really poor planing by not having spare parts for these things. But, they might be getting better, at least they have on some things----only time will tell, and lets hope it's not another 6 mo. in your case.
      Dave

Comment

Ahhh Dave, Groundhog Day was last week. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X