Gen5X Circular saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen5X Circular saw

Hello All. First post to the forums. I have a bunch of Ridgid tools and I love them. I recently picked up a Gen5x 7 1/4" circular saw and have a question. Last night I was installing an attic ladder system and in the process of cutting the 2x10 frames, the saw could simply not make it through. It would repeatedly stop in the middle of the cut and this seems odd. I have barely made any cuts with this saw and am wondering what the issue might be. I know the wood was fresh so it was binding a little and not so much that the saw could not be lifted out from the cut. This saw should power through in my opinion. This happened with multiple fully charged and tested batteries. I am wondering if the stock blade is the issue. I have since purchased a new blade for the saw but have yet to try it.

Is it possible it is just the blade or do I have a lemon? Thanks much for your input.

Best,
    Karl

Some customers have experienced battery issues even after they showed a full charge, might be worth looking into. Try taking more time to make the cut, I don't think it would matter but I'd be curious if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightyservant View Post
      Some customers have experienced battery issues even after they showed a full charge, might be worth looking into. Try taking more time to make the cut, I don't think it would matter but I'd be curious if it helps.
      Not doubting you but I don't remember any talk of battery problems when used on the X5 or previous saws. How long ago was this?
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

I haven't used that saw before but typically the stock blade is not very good. Of course there's always a chance you got a lemon in which case you should still be under the 3 year warranty and or lifetime service agreement, so getting it repaired or replaced shouldn't​be too hard. Let us know if the new blade helps.

Comment

Working...
        X