X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXACT-LINE LAZER, WAY OFF ! MS1290LZ

THIS WAS MY FIRST PURCHASE OF A RIDGID TOOL AND SO FAR WASNT A REAL GOOD CHOICE. WAS GOING TO REPLACE MY OLD DEWALT MITER SAW WITH A DEWALT BUT DECIDED TO TRY THE RIDGID MS1290LZ MITER SAW BECAUSE OF THE WARRANTY AND LAZER FEATURE AND EVEN BOUGHT THE NEW PORTABLE WORK STATION TO MOUNT IT ON.BOUGHT IT AT HOME DEPOT {BOY I HATE THOSE STORES} GOT IT HOME AND LAZER WAS MISSING.WENT BACK TO HOME DEPOT AND FORCED THEM TO OPEN ANOTHER SAW AND GIVE ME THE LAZER OUT OF THAT SAW. THEY WANTED ME TO DRAG THE WHOLE SAW BACK AND GIVE ME A DIFFERENT ONE. HAD IT UNPACKED ALREADY AND THEY NEVER FIT BACK IN THE BOX RIGHT ONCE YOU TAKE THEM OUT. HOW DO THEY DO THAT ??HUUUM. ANYWAY, I INSTALLED THE LAZER AS PER INSTRUCTIONS AND IT OFF BY ABOUT 1/8 INCH. IS THERE ANYWAY TO CORRECT THIS ? Has anyone else had this problem ? thought it would be a great feature if it worked right. any info would help. havent got any from ridgid yet ??? thanks

Well, I'll tell you this. If your not 100% satisfied with it, bring it back to the big stupid box and they will give you all of your money back. I bought and used a new Ridgid 5 piece cordless set from the stupid box, used it for 8 months and brought the drill back because it had sparks flying out the sides of it and it wouldn't run half the time. The highly intelligent return guy dropped it on the concrete floor 3 times and couldn't make it do the sparks so he gave it back to me and said "Sorry, I can't take it back". You can imagine my temptation to grab him and stangle him at this point. Plus he told me I had to bring the whole set back, not just the drill. I went home (32 mile trip one way) got the rest of the tools and returned. Got a manager and asked if throwing customers tools to the concrete 3 times is in the training manual of the stupid box store of how to handle a return. Needless to say, I got my money back and purchased a dewalt set. I couldn't be happier with it! Remember, if you don't love it, bring it back and let the stupids at the big box give you your money back. Its really too bad Ridgid lets these idiots at Home depot sell their stuff. Overall they have excellent products but they need better representation than what they get with "Homer"
    Good luck!

Comment

HEY, THANKS FOR THE REPLY ! I WISH MENARDS WOULD HANDLE NAME BRAND TOOLS. THEY ALWAYS AIM TO PLEASE CUSTOMERS. THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE THE BRIGHTEST EMPLOYEES BUT THEY HAVE ALWAYS HANDLED ANY PROBLEM I HAD WITHOUT QUESTION. I GUESS THATS WHY THEIR PARKING LOT IS ALWAYS FULL AND THE HOME DE-POT STORE IS ALWAYS EMPTY. ALSO WHAT IS IT WITH THE CHECK YOURSELF OUT BS AT THE DEPOT STORE ? I GUESS THEY CANT EVEN TRAIN PEOPLE TO PUSH ITEMS PAST THE SCANNERS. YEA, IM BASHING THE HOME DEPOT !!!!!!!!
      LIFE SHOULD NOT BE A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOUROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT AND LOUDLY YELLING, "MAN WHAT A RIDE"

Comment

Hmmmm, a washer style laser light that actually shows where the cutline will be........... it doesn't make any diffeence who the manufacturer is, nobody makes one that will actually do that.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave is right. These type lasers project the beam down the side of the blade. It is an 1/8 off because that is the thickness of the blade. I put one on my MS when they first came out. Took about 20 seconds to learn how to line up the laser line for the right cut. NOW TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK so you are not SHOUTING at us. LOL
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

OOPs, Sorry about the cap lock, Guess I was just so darn excited. Thanks for all your input. Sure seems like a friendly bunch here. Not like most forums. I really dont rely on the lazer, Just thought it was a neat idea if it work right. Hope nobody on this forum works for home depot. If I offended you Im really really not so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARK72:
              Hope nobody on this forum works for home depot.
              Paging Cuj0HD, paging Cuj0HD.............

Welcome ZARK72 to the fun and games.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Go ahead, send CUJOHD after me ! I'll just zap him with my exact-line lazer washer since thats all it seems to be good for. Maybe I will sell it on EBAY. I will tell everyone that it projects the picture of christ on the piece of wood your going to cut. Man I might make a ton of money ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                thanks for the welcome badgerdave [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW ! I just noticed that Im a junior member. now I really feel young, Love this forum !

Comment

Working...
                  X