X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R5010 Chuck Problem & S/N Question

The chuck on my R5010 1/2" hammer drill won't release. When I bought the drill, I had the same problem and returned it to HD and exchanged it. I've had it for about a year now, and it's happened again. Ridgid tech support said to take it to one of their service centers. I thought I'd check here and see if anyone's had the same problem. I've done forum searches for "5010" and "chuck", but haven't found anything relating to this problem.

Rigid Tech supt. also told me that drills made before 01/01/04 had a lifetime warranty, and those made later had a three year warranty. They said that the repair center could tell by the Serial Number (AE 034342985) when it was made. Is there any information available on the web that discusses this lifetime warranty and/or will tell me when the drill was made?

TIA,

Al
    America:<br />The land of the free<br />Because of the brave.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you may have overtightened the ratcheting chuck. Try with a pair of pliers to loosen. Also, the warranty only applies if your purchase was made before January 31st,2004( in Canada- not sure about USA) and covers parts/labour for the liftime of the tool( not misuse, abuse,alterations or modifications to the tool). The important thing to remember is you must have a receipt to prove date of purchase. The date codes on the tools are the manufacturing codes and are only used when no valid receipt is available from the customer.

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is that you may have overtightened the ratcheting chuck. Try with a pair of pliers to loosen.
      This drill doesn't have a ratcheting chuck.

The date codes on the tools are the manufacturing codes and are only used when no valid receipt is available from the customer.
      The date code is the first four digits in the S/N. The first two being the year, and the last two being the week. The S/N on mine starts with 0343. This indicates that the drill was manufactured during the forty third week of 2003. Too close to the end of Jan. 04 to prove purchase before then, and I can't find the receipt. Oh, well.

Al
      America:<br />The land of the free<br />Because of the brave.

Comment

Working...
      X