X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V batteries and charger

has anyone had problems with the 18V charger and or batteries burning out? year and a half ago I bought the 3 peice set, while still under the 90 day warrenty, one or both charger/batteries quit, suddenly, went to the store, and an aggravated employee in tool department ripped open a new set, gave me the battries and charger stating he had had a rash of returns on them over several weeks. Now this set has failed, but out of warrenty, have not yet taken to service center, I use them very little so is not a use problem, I am concerned I have sunk 300 bucks into a faulty brand

Sounds like you might not be familiar with the Ridgid Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Go to the main Ridgid site, http://www.ridgid.com and register your tools. Once you've done that, your batteries, charger and any other normal wear and tear part will be covered for as long as you live.

You will also be able to find the actual Service Ageeement there for you to read. One thing to keep in mind is that the Servie Agreement is NOT a warranty and doesn't cover manufacturers defects. Those are covered under Ridgid's basic 3 Year Warranty.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

yes I am aware of it, it was not offered a year and a half ago when I purchased this set, I missed the lifetime warrenty offered then by a month, and the one now doesnt go back that far, and reguardless of any implied warrenties, this is the second set of batteries and charger, the store gave me one new set while it was still under the 90 day warrenty. In fairness to home depot, I have not yet gotten to a service center to see what if anything they will do .

Comment

Ridgid did grandfather in all previously purchased, TTI manufactured, tools as far as the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement is concerned. I believe you have until the end of this month to register your tools to qualify for this program or was it the end of August?

Once the 90 day trial period is up HD no longer has an obligation to take care of any problems you might have. Although individual stores have been known to take back or exchange tools, they don't have to. Any servicing or warranty claims, after 90 day, are supposed to go through a Ridgid authorized service center.

Comment

A little off subject here but were beating up this warranty thing to death (REGISTER AND MOVE ON FOR LIFE). My question is will ridgid come out with a radio battery charger like everyone else??? 2) Why not a ridgid 18V rotary-hammer?
          christopher

Comment

Originally posted by Quescodeplumb:
            A little off subject here but were beating up this warranty thing to death (REGISTER AND MOVE ON FOR LIFE). My question is will ridgid come out with a radio battery charger like everyone else???
            Now that's a question that has realy been beaten to death around here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ever since the Ridgid line of hand powered tools was introduced a little over two years ago they have been coming out with new stuff every few months or so. There has been enough interest shown in a jobsite radio/charger that I'll bet its high on their list.

Comment

Well two year's is really a long time to be beating something to death so why not do what the consumer want's?????????, and you still did'nt answer my question about the rotary-hammer????
              christopher

Comment

Working...
              X