Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Customer Service Centres in Canada?

Well, I'm a bit nonplussed. I've narrowed down my search for a cordless drill to the 12V Ridgid (R82001) and the 12V DeWalt (DC727KA).

I was leaning toward the Ridgid because I like the idea of the Lifetime Service Agreement, so I decided to just check and see where my nearest Service Centre would be (I live near Edmonton, Canada).

Ridgid's web page has a drop-down menu for finding service centres; above the menu it says "Select State/Province." Awesome--but wait! It just shows US states...no Canadian provinces.

Argh. Okay, no problem...I'll just call the 1-866 tollfree number and find out my nearest service centre. The automated lady sweetly says, "press 2 to speak to a customer service agent." I do. I then get a loud, nasty busy signal. Tried it twice, same result.

What gives? Anyone? I'm leery of the whole idea of buying Ridgid now....if I'm having this much trouble just trying to FIND a service centre, I shudder to think what would happen if I actually had to use one!

Dave

I have a Ridgid planer, jointer and 12v 1/2" chuck cordless drill and have never had a problem with either one. I need a drill press now and I'm hesitating about buying a Ridgid because of their customer service. I've called Delta CS a few times and have never waited more than a few minutes to speak to a technician. If I were you I'd try calling DeWalt CS just for comparison.

Comment

Dave

If your considering the R82001 12V Drill, I would look around for the combo kit that includes it and the R82233 Right Angle Impact Driver, they have been on the clearance rack for $119 for about 6 months now, I still saw some the other day.

Woodslayer

Comment

Dave, your nearest Home Depot is quite likely a service center. I'm in saskatoon, and when I picked up my TS2400, I was told to just bring it into the store if it ever needs servicing and they'll get it taken care of.

Comment

If your considering the R82001 12V Drill, I would look around for the combo kit that includes it and the R82233 Right Angle Impact Driver, they have been on the clearance rack for $119 for about 6 months now, I still saw some the other day.
          Really??? Wow. I went to HD both here in Spruce Grove and in Edmonton, and neither one had that combo kit. They just had the R82001 by itself, for $170 CAN (about $120 US). That's too bad...the combo for $120 sounds great!

Mind you...I suppose since there's a 90-day return guarantee, if I keep checking back any time between now and Christmas, I could always just swap mine out for the combo kit if I see it on sale, right?

Dave, your nearest Home Depot is quite likely a service center. I'm in saskatoon, and when I picked up my TS2400, I was told to just bring it into the store if it ever needs servicing and they'll get it taken care of.
          dingus....that'd be awesome...is that spelled out anywhere in any of their documentation? Does this mean that if I need a battery replaced under the Lifetime Service Agreement, I just bring it to my local HD? That would be absolutely fantastic!

[ 10-13-2005, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: canadave ]

Comment

It wasn't stated on the sales receipt, nor in the Ridgid documentation, but I kind of know the old dude who works at my local HD -- the man who rang up my purchase -- and I tend to trust him on things like this.

Having said that, it couldn't hurt to check with your own HD in Edmonton in regards to how the lifetime service is handled. From what I've read it may not be as simple as bringing in your old dead battery and walking out with a new one.

Comment

Hmmm...you might want to think twice about trusting your older friend at the HD I sent a query to Ridgid Customer Service, and received this reply in my eBox:

"At this time, there is not a listing available on the Ridgid web site for Canadian authorized warranty service providers for Ridgid power tools. Your nearest current authorized warranty service dealer for Ridgid power tools in Canada can be determined by contacting Barret Diversified at 1-800-561-0004. They are the master parts distirbutor for Ridgid power tools in Canada, and are also in charge of developing and maintaining the Ridgid authorized warranty service dealer network for Canada."

I'll give them a call and see what happens....but I have a sinking feeling this isn't going to be as easy as using my local HD

Comment

"At this time, there is not a listing available on the Ridgid web site for Canadian authorized warranty service providers for Ridgid power tools. Your nearest current authorized warranty service dealer for Ridgid power tools in Canada can be determined by contacting Barret Diversified at 1-800-561-0004. They are the master parts distirbutor for Ridgid power tools in Canada, and are also in charge of developing and maintaining the Ridgid authorized warranty service dealer network for Canada."

I'll give them a call and see what happens....but I have a sinking feeling this isn't going to be as easy as using my local HD .
                Hmmmmm....actually, it just might be almost as easy [img]smile.gif[/img] I called Barret and spoke very quickly to a very nice lady who gave me the name, address, and phone number of two places in Edmonton, a 15-minute drive from me. I confirmed with her that both places will do both warranty work within three years, as well as Lifetime Service Agreement replacements after 3 years. Terrific! I'm a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                X