X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budled Combo Packs suck

I was a bit miffed when I went to purchase the R845 Circular Saw and was told it only came in the bundled combo kit with the drill and light. I already own a Rigid drill and wanted to use the same battery packs for the saw. Makes sense, right? Now I find Rigid won't sell just the saw alone. Home Depot tried to special order it for me and Rigid wouldn't do it.
    How's that for crumby customer care? I guess Rigid only wants to sell to first time buyers and doesn't want to build their franchise for the long haul.

Maybe Ridgid is trying to get people to convert to their entire line of products by selling the combo kit.
    You should check eBay to get the individual tools; they tend to be cheaper there anyway.

Originally posted by swimzim:
    I was a bit miffed when I went to purchase the R845 Circular Saw and was told it only came in the bundled combo kit with the drill and light. I already own a Rigid drill and wanted to use the same battery packs for the saw. Makes sense, right? Now I find Rigid won't sell just the saw alone. Home Depot tried to special order it for me and Rigid wouldn't do it.
    How's that for crumby customer care? I guess Rigid only wants to sell to first time buyers and doesn't want to build their franchise for the long haul.

Comment

I agree that they should sell some of the items separate, for me I bought the 3 pack (if you call the light a tool?). Though how many batteries/chargers do you want to carry around? I have 3 different brands of cordless tools, and it could be a pain to remember which ones need charging.

Comment

The RIDGID line of portable power tools has been out now for 8 months. That doesn't mean they are new - there is years of development behind them. What that does mean is that we are to date still filling the supply lines with the complete combo kits. We understand your concerns about being able to buy specific tools out of the combo kit and we will look to address this in the near future.

Comment

Working...
        X