X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawzall Safety trigger

The hold to engage button on the sawzall Model R844 (Reciprocating saw). Becomes a real challenge when trying to cut-in a recessed can above you : Trying to balance the saw with one hand and pressing the engage button with the other as the saw starts. I agree with the safety switch but couldn't it be a slide switch rather than a push to engage button. A product is only as safe as the person using it.

Concerned Walter H. Boyer

I brought this up two months ago, and we all agree on it but Ridgid has yet to respond to this....I'm still planning on drilling a little hole in the knob and installing a pin to get it locked on...I think this will make the saw safer to use than the way they made it...

Comment

This works for me. activate the switch with your index finger and pull the trigger with your middle finger

Comment

Of course that's the way we all have to do it...But I for one would like to hold the handle with all my fingers,,,for some reason it seems like I can hold it 25% better if I can use 4 fingers rather than 3...I know 25% isn't much difference oh wait remember when 20% was a big deal not to long ago??

Comment

yes but you can hold it with two hands instead of 1 so thats 4 more fingers and a thumb 125% gain

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks:
            yes but you can hold it with two hands instead of 1 so thats 4 more fingers and a thumb 125% gain
            No I can't I got to hold on to the branch with the other hand...Just got done cutting up the Christmas tree.

Comment

Damn, I knew I should have scrapped that artificial tree and got a real one!

Comment

does anyone have a problem with the toolless blade change. i can never seem to get the blade to sit in the rest securely. it always seems a little lose. just wondering if this is a saftey problem

Comment

Working...
                X