Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v X2 Hammer Drill Problem

Hey,
    I am a weekend warrior of power tools and this past weekend, we were using our X2 Hammer Drill, when it suddenly stopped functioning. We were not doing anything strenuous with it at the time. Figuring the battery died, we replaced it with the second battery. Still nothing. On a hunch, I tried both batteries in another tool, nothing. Then popped them both in a charger, nothing, the charger didn't even try to charge them. The drill is clearly baked. And now both batteries seem to no longer function. Anyone had a similar problem?

Nils, someone from our technical support group will be contacting you this afternoon.
    Sorry for the problem. We will make this right shortly for you.

Comment

Actually I got an email from customer service, here it is:
      ----
      Warranty service and repairs for your Ridgid power tool can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the link below and arranging to get the tool in for warranty service and repairs.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-To...rvice-Centers/

T.Clinkscales
      Technical Services
      OWT Industries
      ---
      Referring me to others is not what I term customer service, rather deferral. It looks as though you outsource customer service, which is unbelievable to me. As you can see, there was not even an explanation of the problem and how to avoid it in the future.

Comment

He offered to help you get fixed (which is also in the owners manual) AND THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH???----what are you expecting??

Comment

this reply is about a year after the orginal post, so dont know if will get any reply, but I have just had exactly the same problem with my drill, charger and batteries

Comment

Take the tools in for service, if its less than 90 days take them back to HD for exchange

Comment

Hi,
              Well just yesterday I was using my 18v drill. I pulled the trigger to drive a screw. The drill stayed on by itself for about 2 seconds and died. Would not do a thing. I decided to try another battery. It worked for about 2 seconds also and died. Now I dont have a tool muchless two batteries. I have not tried to get the drill fixed yet, so I can't write anything bad. But have you heard of anyone else w/ this problem and were they able to get it fixed. My 4 pack is 10 months old.
              Thanks

Comment

Hey everybody I just bought my 18V 4 pack and just because I can't stand the down time with a tool I use every day! I know a warranty is only is good as the service, so I researched around town to find out that, there are two service centers in town that will honer the ridgid "lifetime service agreement". So when my tool breaks down I don't get pissed off and freak out, or waste my time at home depot just to find out they can't help me. I drop it off to the place I found tell them to fix it and pick it up when it's ready. SOUNDS SIMPLE RIGHT, well I hope that I never have to go there, but i'm only 34 yrs old and a lifetime is a lot better than 3 yrs. So after reading this I hope alot more people will be proactive as well so you save yourself some grief latter. THIS MIGHT EVEN HELP PEOPLE DECIED IF THEY WAN'T A RIDGID TOOL if they find out the neerest place for service is to far away and they have to mail it.
                christopher

Comment

Working...
                X