Battery Lithium or Ni-Cad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Lithium or Ni-Cad?

Good day, I want to know if my tool kit, R8411503, R81030, R8442, R885, R8433, R849, R842301, I use it with lithium batteries and if so, can I use the same charger? (R840091)

I'm not sure what the question is, but I looked up the charger number and it should charge both lithium ion and ni cad batteries. Hope that helps.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the numbers you provided as I don't know what numbers describe the type of tool or charger). But to be clear, some chargers are designed to charge both NiCad and Li-Ion, but many do not and none of my older Ridgid chargers will charge Li-Ion.

Li-Ion chargers required a special circuit to monitor the batteries charge level and heat. Using a charger not designed for that particular battery chemistry can be dangerous. Read the label and specifications for that particular charger!

CWS

Comment

Luckily all ridged 18v tools can use the new lithium batteries. Even the old MaxSelect 18/24v tools also.
        Your Charger # R840091 is one of the first that was rated for NiCad and Lithium batteries. I don't use mine anymore as I have a few newer chargers that don't interfere with my radio signal during charging, nor do my newer chargers seem to make my battery packs get as warm during their charge cycle.

Myself I would either get a tool kit with a charger and lithium battery, or at least one of these kits. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...8695/206100251

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
          Luckily all ridged 18v tools can use the new lithium batteries. Even the old MaxSelect 18/24v tools also.
          Your Charger # R840091 is one of the first that was rated for NiCad and Lithium batteries. I don't use mine anymore as I have a few newer chargers that don't interfere with my radio signal during charging, nor do my newer chargers seem to make my battery packs get as warm during their charge cycle.

Myself I would either get a tool kit with a charger and lithium battery, or at least one of these kits. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...8695/206100251

Why do the Ridgid SeeSnake monitors use a different type of 18v battery?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

No clue other than I don't believe the SeeSnake and ProPress are made by TTI, so they are a whole different tool lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Those tools are made and sold by Emerson Electric, all the power tools are made by TTI and sold exclusively at Home Depot. It's an odd convoluted setup with the Ridgid brand name.

Comment

Forget about nicad, and lithium, the next genertion battery is "grapheme", and it is already found in some smart phones, and R/C batteries. The advantages are greater capacity, and charging in a fraction of the time.

Comment

• Mightyservant
                  Mightyservant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Frankie, How are you?

Hi Mighty servant! Dealin with life one day at a time I am looking forward to the Spring, and some new tools. Always got my fingers crossed family and friends are well. How about yourself?

Comment

• Mightyservant
                  Mightyservant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know what you mean brother, I'm making the most out of each day I'm on this side of the dirt (knock on wood) hey at least its 70 with a light drizzle right now, life is good !

I put some seeds (poppies) out last week and I'm hoping the rain gets flowers going for springtime, I've had enough of dead landscape. I should have overseeded my lawn, we've got rain off and on for the next few days, might have to go out and throw some grass seed down.

Take care brother !

Meanwhile where I live.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0816.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	740.1 KB
ID:	728498

Comment

• Mightyservant
                  Mightyservant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry about that Joshua, the silver lining is your not in a state with a drought and your making some income despite the conditions. Spring is just around the corner brother, all that snow means a busy days ahead !
                  Be safe!

By the way, what's the story with Frankenstein tractor? What marvelous genius have you done to it?
                  Last edited by Mightyservant; 03-14-2018, 09:35 PM.

• Joshua Burgess
                  Joshua Burgess commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Winter is a blessing and a curse. I'm​ from Tennessee and we never got more than 8" of snow per year, but now I live in upstate NY and we get about 136" per year. Some might say that's a big difference. Personally I don't mind the cold, with the exception of working on equipment and personal projects, as the cold gets the fingers before the rest of the body. I actually built Frankentractor in TN and brought it with me to the winter wonderland. Plowing is stinking awesome with those 2 machines. Didn't pick up any plow customers ​this year but I wasn't ready to try, but next year hopefully I'll make a few $ off the snow. Frankentractor was around before Frankenbattery, but has had constant ugdates and improvements​ from the original.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0355.JPG
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	728547Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0356.JPG
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	728548 Frankentractor has a drill powered homemade winch Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG0844.JPG Views:	1 Size:	347.6 KB ID:	728546
                Last edited by Joshua Burgess; 03-15-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Mightyservant
                  Mightyservant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right on Joshua, I think I'll take the JD, Frankentractor looks kind of rough no offense!, I love Tennessee, it's a beautiful state and I've have relatives near Franklin. It's in the 20's no snow though! Still can't do much outside, hey the Predators are doing well!

• Joshua Burgess
                  Joshua Burgess commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah that JD is a tank. My family bought my grandparents house up here and they have had the JD since 1981 which was a year after they moved in. They bought it used so who knows how much use was on it before they owned it (as per the serial number it's a 1973 tractor) pulls like a tank, mows like a pro. Still got the original 14hp Kohler engine going strong. Had to replace the front crankshaft seal in the middle of January, which wasn't fun but at least we didn't get any storms while it was down. Since my family moved up here in late May I've already put probably 100 hours on it back dragging dirt, gravel, filling in a ditch for natural gas, mowing 3 acres, hauling fire wood and plowing snow. So given the choice I would pick the JD over Frankentractor, just because it's a whole nother level of build quality and performance. With that said, for how base model and light duty Frankentractor started out as, it's been quite surprisingly​ dependable. If I can get a good deal on a tractor with the same transmission as Frankentractor, I'll most likely be building a 4x4 Frankentractor this summer.
              Working...
              X