X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v X2 2nd Gear

Last night I picked up my 3pc. combo. GREAT TOOLS! Anyway I have a question feryall. In 1st gear the drill is nice and quiet, when I switch to 2nd, it is slightly noisy, not just speed noise it sounds like slight rubbing inside the drill, is this normal, is anyone else experiencing this? Is this the brushes wearing in? Should I return it? The switch also doesn't go all the way into 2nd, I can still see the 1 a little bit, am I just a nervous papa or these concerns viable. Any feedback would be great!!!
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!!

I'd say a cautious papa
    The fact switch doesn't wander all the way would make me swap out - then you'd know for sure about other too. A win-win.
    And if you in Cities the BORG everywhere so trust the drive is not much.I'd just do it for peace of mind if nothing else. Just my .02 but call me a cautious grandpapa at that
    What area of cities?
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Hey thanks Cranky, I think I'll go do that today. I live in Woodbury, what part of WI are you hailing from?

Comment

Never sure anymore!
        Bayfield area is supposedly my main residence but spend way more time lately in Minnetonka on a place I am remodeling near Ridgedale....may turn it into a permanent one at that. Love area ___ for a city!

Comment

Minnetonka is a great area. I am originally from Lake Vermilion, (northern MN) I have found Woodbury to be a GREAT community, it's a little rich for me but talk about safety and security. It's like a small town with all the amenities you could want! Alright, I went back to HD in Woodbury, (I bought the first kit in Cottage Grove) and exchanged my combo, here are my findings... The first thing I noticed about the new kit is the packaging, there is more of it! There is a 2nd nylon strap across the box covering the ends, the first kit only had one strap over the girth. 2nd, the inner packaging, much more cardboard, it was definately factory. 3rd the first drill had the side handle infront of the clutch, this one is behind. The new drill is VERY quiet in second gear, and the switch is more solid, same style as the one on the shelf, it "clicks" between gears rather than flowing. Also the box doesn't advertise the 90 day return policy next to the 3yr. warranty badge. These are just a few of the observations I have made. I'm thinking maybe that first kit was scrounged through, or maybe it was a defective drill that was refurbished, I dunno but I was very happy with my original purchase last night but now, I'm golden! THANK YOU RIDGID!!!

Comment

Ok so judging by the posts regarding the side handle, my first kit was old, and my second kit is the new design! Okey Dokey, that'll do!

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Chef:
              Ok so judging by the posts regarding the side handle, my first kit was old, and my second kit is the new design! Okey Dokey, that'll do!
              You may have hit square-possibly someone's return or who can tell nowadays? Glad you did return it -I always wondering about a few items purchased previously that I really wish I would have before useage.Like my PC router with crummy collet that makes me kucko-need to get replaced but always forget when I'm somewhere of course.
              That's where I give HD a real thumbs up vs many. Harbor Freight is another one I say kuddos to on CS/return policy.
              Did a lot of work in Woodbury-Apple Valley and general area in last 3-4 years. Storm related mostly.... think Woodbury is neat community myself. People seem real nice vs what I've been encountering in some of the other 'burbs. Some "pockets" I can promise we will never do any work in again.....not even for 2x the initial bid. Just not worth hassles.
              So enjoy your new toy and let us know how it holds up after thrashing around real hard

Comment

Working...
              X