Tool Score Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Score Card

Today for fun I did a search on the Home Depot website with my local store selected.

Here goes:

Ridgid 18 volt tools shown......81, not in stock or sold in stores 8
    Ryobi 18 volt tools shown.....226, not in stock or sold in stores 36
    Milwaukee 18v tools shown...503, not in stock or sold in stores 40
    DeWalt 18 volt tools shown....62, not in stock or sold in stores 12

Some of the tools listed at all three brands are showing similar versions,
    similar tools in a kit, older models or kits.

It would be very interesting to have a peek at the TTI factory or factories in China

Do they make all brands every day? or they simply choose the color of the day?
    I doubt they have individual factories for each brand.

This does not include the other brands named, or no names that they manufacture.

I also notice Harbor Freight has advanced their power tool brands..and 18 volt products.
    They have different colors too! So who manufactures those tools?

OK a slow day.....

Cactus Man

Interesting statistics, and questions, however I'm more concerned with what is available to buy in the here, and now.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
      Today for fun I did a search on the Home Depot website with my local store selected.

Here goes:

Ridgid 18 volt tools shown......81, not in stock or sold in stores 8
      Ryobi 18 volt tools shown.....226, not in stock or sold in stores 36
      Milwaukee 18v tools shown...503, not in stock or sold in stores 40
      DeWalt 18 volt tools shown....62, not in stock or sold in stores 12

Some of the tools listed at all three brands are showing similar versions,
      similar tools in a kit, older models or kits.

It would be very interesting to have a peek at the TTI factory or factories in China

Do they make all brands every day? or they simply choose the color of the day?
      I doubt they have individual factories for each brand.

This does not include the other brands named, or no names that they manufacture.

I also notice Harbor Freight has advanced their power tool brands..and 18 volt products.
      They have different colors too! So who manufactures those tools?

OK a slow day.....

Cactus Man
      Made me laugh.

Comment

Thats brutal Cactusman, I dunno how you had the energy for that. I didn't know Millwaukee had so many tools but I sort of expect to be impressed by them.

Say what you want Ryobi has got a pretty big line up though I'm not to sure how durable some of the more obscure offerings are.

DeWalt's sort of a yawner I'm guessing they are shooting for a limited group of customers.

My guess is TTI produces them as needed for seasonal demands, the holidays, Memorial Day, Labor Day etc. they probably want to keep a miminum amount of tools on hand and with the wonders of modern technology, it's probably much easier to do from a central location.

The new Harbor freight lineup is impressive and you've got to hand it to the Chinese, they aren't afraid to imitate. Some of HF stuff is really taco other things seem ok.

That was informative and thank you for posting that.

Comment

I think a search using "Dewalt 20 volt" would have produced much higher numbers.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

• cactusman
            cactusman commented
            Editing a comment
            OK I did not think about DeWalt 20V to keep the battery voltage the same....
            Never the less...

DeWalt 20v tools shown 127.....not in stock or sold in stores 6

The home Depot selected is one located in Glendale Arizona

Cactus Man

I figured you were listing just the 18 volt stuff other wise you have included all the cordless screwdrivers or 60 volt tools.

Comment

Harbor Freight's new cordless tools fall under 3 brands. Hercules, Bauer and Earthquake XT. The Bauer tools are most likely made by a chinese company called Lutool, who has made tools for Harbor Freight before. They might make the Hercules but I wasn't able to find any exact matches anywhere on the internet. Also not sure who makes the Earthquake XT but their high torque impact wrench looks almost identical the AC Delco brushless unit, and so is their mid torque impact so I figure who ever makes the AC Delco tools is the same manufacture for Earthquake XT. The Bauer cordless tools are the same as new master mechanic tools at true value hardware, and same as powerplus in parts of Europe.

Comment

Working...
            X