No announcement yet.

Lifetime Battery Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for anyone who is breathlessly waiting for more news. The pack with the new board that went dead is working again. Don't know what happened by just sitting for a few days with the cover off, but I'm dancing for joy. Once again I can run five tools at the same time.

Comment

• Bob D.
      Bob D. commented
      Editing a comment
      How much was the surgery to give you five hands?

And more importantly, was it worth it. :-)

maybe the battery pack/board got warm and taking the cover off and letting it sit, cooled it off enough to recover?

Comment

This should qualify for the lsa. It’s only 2ah
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Fly YX; 09-08-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Well, frog fuzz. That pack is dead again, just from sitting for a few days. Obviously something is intermittent on that new board.

As for my hands, I drill the hole with my left hand, then run the screw in with my right hand. The left-handed circular saw is pushed with my left foot after I take my shoes off, and I keep the sander going with my right foot. Once everyone is busy and up to speed, I bring in the reciprocating saw with my mouth. You'd have to be silly to think I have five hands.

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          JK, I was not serious. Sorry if that was not apparent.

Yes, it was apparent. Substantial use of humor and sarcasm in the classroom makes learning fun. Or, as I used to tell my students, you can laugh or you can cry, and crying isn't going to help.

By the way, just used my last new board to replace the dead one and that pack is working again.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Ridgid to use the LSA on 8 old batteries that either won’t charge or hold a charge. The batteries are 12V, 18V, NiCad, Li, compact and full-size. The NiCads are from my first Ridgid set from 2008. One pleasant phone call and 8 new batteries are on their way. Unfortunately they will only send NiCad for NiCad batteries which I probably won’t use. But at least the 4 lithium batteries will be replaced
          877-655-5346

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
            Just got off the phone with Ridgid to use the LSA on 8 old batteries that either won’t charge or hold a charge. The batteries are 12V, 18V, NiCad, Li, compact and full-size. The NiCads are from my first Ridgid set from 2008. One pleasant phone call and 8 new batteries are on their way. Unfortunately they will only send NiCad for NiCad batteries which I probably won’t use. But at least the 4 lithium batteries will be replaced
            877-655-5346
            I recently called ridgid about two failed 2.5ah Max HC 18v nicd batteries. This week two 2ah lithium ion batteries arrived. I was originally told they were sending new nicad batteries but they shipped me li ion ones.

Did you have to ship your old batteries back? I was told to drop them off at home depots battery recycling bin. I'm surprised how easy it was to get new batteries directly from ridgid. They confirmed the serial was registered under LSA but they never asked me to send the old batteries back to them or send photos of the fail status on a charger. I once claimed the LSA at an authorized repair place, and it was a huge pain dealing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_slug View Post

I recently called ridgid about two failed 2.5ah Max HC 18v nicd batteries. This week two 2ah lithium ion batteries arrived. I was originally told they were sending new nicad batteries but they shipped me li ion ones.

Did you have to ship your old batteries back? I was told to drop them off at home depots battery recycling bin. I'm surprised how easy it was to get new batteries directly from ridgid. They confirmed the serial was registered under LSA but they never asked me to send the old batteries back to them or send photos of the fail status on a charger. I once claimed the LSA at an authorized repair place, and it was a huge pain dealing with them.
              There was no request to send the dead batteries back to Ridgid and I got the same recommendation to recycle them. They used an honor system and verbal discussion to test each dead battery that failed to charge and confirm the flashing lights. Probably not cost-effective nor worth the hassle to cover shipping of dead lithium batteries.
              ***FYI: be sure to register the NEW battery replacements on the Ridgid DASHBOARD to continue the LSA protection for the replacements.

Comment

I bought my combo set 4 years ago, my drill is currently being repaired for a chuck that wont tighten and just got my batteries replaced. I had (2) 4Ahr High Capacity and they sent me (3) 4Ahr standard batteries, no mistake as I called about receiving 3 batteries but after the fact realized they were standard batteries. So I sent a message today asking why I didnt receive the High Capacity which I have under the LSA ? Once I hear back I will update everyone but from the time I made the claim til getting the new batteries were about a week.
                The drill, well, its going on 6 weeks now so Im calling today to see whats going on.
                **updaye on drill** it came in last night so I picked it up today, looks brand new oddly, but you can tell they pulled the serial number decal off and glued it to the "repaired" drill.... funny its a brand new drill with my old tag. The work order says windings were bad from use causing other parts to fail and a list of parts to replace ( basically everything inside it ) Im still waiting to hear back on the batteries.
                Last edited by Sono; 03-31-2022, 08:37 PM.

Comment

LSA is confirming Ridgid power tools are the way to go. They may not have all the fancy features or every possible new configuration but for general cordless cutting, impacting or driving they cannot be beat for value. All batteries will eventually fail to charge and they are expensive no matter the brand.
                  UPS just dropped off my 7 dead NiCad replacements from 2008 with 6 new lithium and one 12V NiCad. I’m excited to power up my old power tools. Ridgid is No 1 in my garage!
                  Last edited by reConx; 04-01-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

My new Ridgid replacement batteries! Click image for larger version

Name:	ridgid.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	752256
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                      My new Ridgid replacement batteries! Click image for larger version  Name:	ridgid.jpg Views:	6 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	752256
                      So did they upgrade all your 18v nicd batteries to 2ah lithium ion?

What did yiu get for 12v batteries? I heard ridgid discontinued the 12v max line of tools recently. Do they still have replacement 12v batteries in stock? i need to call them about some of my dead batteries.
                      Last edited by turbo_slug; 04-12-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_slug View Post

So did they upgrade all your 18v nicd batteries to 2ah lithium ion?

What did yiu get for 12v batteries? I heard ridgid discontinued the 12v max line of tools recently. Do they still have replacement 12v batteries in stock? i need to call them about some of my dead batteries.
                        I got two 18V 4Ah lithium batteries in there too . The 2Ah and 1.5Ah lithium batteries replaced the OLD dead 18V NiCad batteries so that was a big upgrade. The single 12V NiCad replaced a dead 12V NiCad for an old 12V right angle impact which I’m surprised they still had some. For pics of the right angle impact check out my Ridgid pic thread.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/po...tool-addiction
                        Last edited by reConx; 04-13-2022, 07:59 PM. Reason: link

Comment

I noticed that a couple of you posted that you were able to get replacement batteries from Ridgid using the lifetime warranty. I have been trying for about 3 weeks and have not been able to get a replacement. How did you get your replacement battery?

Comment

• BadgerDave
                            BadgerDave commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How have you been trying? Who have you been dealing with? Are your tools registered into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement? If you didn't register them in the LLSA within 90 days of their date of purchase then you don't qualify for free battery replacements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture22.png
Views:	84
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	752547 https://register.ridgidpower.com/about_lsa

Comment

Working...
                          X