X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v x2 going back again

Well I have had my 12v x2 back about a month now and it has been fine. Until today the trigger went south on me. I guess me and my local repair guy will be on a first name basis as long as I have Ridgid cordless drills on my truck. I just got two more new batteries for it yesterday too.

Originally posted by Proud Rebel:
    Well I have had my 12v x2 back about a month now and it has been fine. Until today the trigger went south on me. I guess me and my local repair guy will be on a first name basis as long as I have Ridgid cordless drills on my truck. I just got two more new batteries for it yesterday too.
    Proud Rebel
    I have got to ask why? Why not return it? Doesn't the fact of the trigger going south in about a month sort hint of future reliability problems?
    Rev Ed

Comment

I agree, in part, with what Ed suggested. The drill you bought carries a 90 day no questions asked satisfaction guarantee. It broke within the 90 days so just return it for another.

As far as it being sort of a hint of future reliability problems I disagree. If you return it for another drill, you've also returned the problem and are starting out all over again. Of course, that wouldn't be the case if every single one of these drills that were ever made has this same malfunction. Highly unlikely wouldn't you say?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The key word in my post "back" means I just got it back from the repair shop from the last fix.(a new motor). I guess I was not very clear. My bad! I bought the drill 12/03. The guy at the repair shop said I would be back. He claims that Ridgid cordless drills wont stand up to professional use. He might be right.

Comment

Given what has been posted on this site regarding the branded tools with Ridgids name I would be somewhat leery as a professional to count on these in a high use application.

These cordless tools are branded with Ridgids name but they are not made by Ridgid.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
          X